Pre Match Thread: Lions Will Roar

ejs1111

1 hour ago, chappy said:

No Mings if this is a hint at the team

😂 it never is 

just a graphic

Mings remains one of the first names on the team sheet… I just hope and believe that we won’t fall apart anymore whenever he’s unavailable…

• Like 2

A convincing victory would be an amazing start to the season and create proper momentum!

I appreciate it is a difficult task but I honestly believe we are better than Newcastle (and Unai vastly better than Howe) but home advantage is of major significance for them…

What a statement if we beat them…

I don’t see much to fear from them other than that boyous and raucous home crowd and support…

Unai can overcome many obstacles though… as can these players that he has elevated and enlightened…

I have good news for all!

I am going out for a birthday dinner tonight, table booked at the same time as kick off (not my idea).

So as I won't be listening or on here, it will be a nailed-on win ;)

• Thanks 1

Going to go for a close 1-0 Newcastle win. Think at the moment the grounds teams won’t really want to go to are Old Trafford, Anfield, Eithad, Emirates, St James park and Villa park. Villa have got to go to 2 of them in the first four games though could be a good thing to get them out the way. 

We’ve seen two really poor performances on the opening day past two years, I think we will play really well but Newcastle will just nick it. Would take a draw right now though. 

32 minutes ago, RichW said:

Going to go for a close 1-0 Newcastle win. Think at the moment the grounds teams won’t really want to go to are Old Trafford, Anfield, Eithad, Emirates, St James park and Villa park. Villa have got to go to 2 of them in the first four games though could be a good thing to get them out the way. 

We’ve seen two really poor performances on the opening day past two years, I think we will play really well but Newcastle will just nick it. Would take a draw right now though. 

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, RichW said:

Tough test(s) for sure but plenty of reasons for optimism based on Unai’s work last season and the performances he got out of these players…

I think we should forget and not base anything off of whatever has happened in the past, before he arrived… He has already broken several “poor records” or perceived “curses” etc…

We are a completely different outfit under his management… the level and quality of work, research and preparation is nothing like many of us have experienced before…

Not saying we’re going to win every game though 😂

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Such a horrid fixture to start the season. 

Let's get it out the way, I'd take a complete anti football backs to the wall filthy 0-0. 

Not getting beat would be great but that said they haven't got any home momentum as it's the first game. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Tough test(s) for sure but plenty of reasons for optimism based on Unai’s work last season and the performances he got out of these players…

I think we should forget and not base anything off of whatever has happened in the past, before he arrived… He has already broken several “poor records” or perceived “curses” etc…

We are a completely different outfit under his management… the level and quality of work, research and preparation is nothing like many of us have experienced before…

Not saying we’re going to win every game though 😂

If we do happen to lose, I am going to be a lot more optimistic compared to last year and the year before. After the Bournemouth loss it was obvious Gerrard probably wouldn’t be sticking around for long.  Unai Emery has me confident Villa are going to have a good season but I’m wary it could just be a bit of a slow start before Villa click into gear after the Liverpool game.