Cup or CL qualification?

villan95

Cup or CL qualification?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Cup or CL qualification?

• A Cup
    • Champions League qualification

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/23 at 23:00

3 minutes ago, sne said:

How bout a cup and sneak into the CL as placed 5 team in the league with the new UEFA rules were the PL gets 5 spots.

Yes. Add that to the poll and I’ll vote for it..

• Like 2

Villa to win their own 'treble' this season

UECL trophy

FA Cup

League Cup

Lets climb the football cup table and pass Chelsea in a few seasons.  Put some distance between the top6 clubs with cup totals and everyone else.  UE could well be Villa's version of Wenger.  Long may his reign continue.  UTV

• Like 1

UCL = more attractive to top level players, more revenue to cover their salaries, more chance of finishing top 4/5 following season (cos better players), maybe a consolation run at Europa League if/when knocked out of UCL, and better commercial deals available. 

OR

A League Cup win. 

Head over heart, it’s got to be option one. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

UCL = more attractive to top level players, more revenue to cover their salaries, more chance of finishing top 4/5 following season (cos better players), maybe a consolation run at Europa League if/when knocked out of UCL, and better commercial deals available. 

OR

A League Cup win. 

Head over heart, it’s got to be option one. 

In theory but then you look at a team like Spurs who have had their fair share of Champions League football over the last 13 years yet still have no success or silverware to show for it.

From a business point of view there's no denying CL football would be the best choice but from a supporter point of view I'd rather have a trophy, especially when it's getting on for 30 years since the last one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

In theory but then you look at a team like Spurs who have had their fair share of Champions League football over the last 13 years yet still have no success or silverware to show for it.

From a business point of view there's no denying CL football would be the best choice but from a supporter point of view I'd rather have a trophy, especially when it's getting on for 30 years since the last one.

They've been in multiple cup finals including a CL final. Just bad luck really they didn't win any of them. Sustained success in the league is probably the best shot at winning a trophy as well as it'll keep your team competitive.

• Like 1

You did say "one of these things," and that necessarily excludes a cup that comes with CL qualification. One only, you say. At least that's how I interpreted the question.

The problem with a cup is they are to an extent "once and done." So it's got to be CL qualification for me because it's better for the worldwide reputation and growth of Aston Villa by far than any cup. A cup gives English fans bragging rights down the pub, a CL spot gives far more media coverage around the world and new fans in distant places.

Â