Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

giphy.gif

You got off lucky, I got a hundred replies and labelled sexist when I expressed a similar view…

🤣🤣 not sure why ? It seems that under no circumstances can womans version of football can be criticised by the media.

It seems yet another thing being artificially pushed by the media as  comparable to the men's version.

It's not and never will be.

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

🤣🤣 not sure why ? It seems that under no circumstances can womans version of football can be criticised by the media.

It seems yet another thing being artificially pushed by the media as  comparable to the men's version.

It's not and never will be.

I’m enjoying watching the Lionesses and fully behind them.

I think commenting on the quality of some of the other teams in particular being a taboo topic is weird, but it’s been done to death already.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m enjoying watching the Lionesses and fully behind them.

I think commenting on the quality of some of the other teams in particular being a taboo topic is weird, but it’s been done to death already.

You can criticise the quality thats fine. Its the pointless comparisons to the men's game which was incorrect😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tegis said:

As much as Musovic saved us in the USA match, that was one pathetic leap for the winner :( Its right above her ffs

Felt like one of those youth game goals where the ball goes in just because the GK is too short or has no jump. Was a good shot but it was with the inside of the boot and from very far away.

Whole team lost concentration just after they scored and then not on their toes for the short corner. Classic.

Ah well, at least my gamble on Spain as gold medalists is still alive.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2023 at 14:07, Zatman said:

You can criticise the quality thats fine. Its the pointless comparisons to the men's game which was incorrect😉

Pointless in YOUR opinion.  Not FACTUALLY pointless.

So to claim it as ‘incorrect’ is… incorrect.

8 hours ago, Thug said:

Pointless in YOUR opinion.  Not FACTUALLY pointless.

So to claim it as ‘incorrect’ is… incorrect.

So why does it matter the relative quality of the women's game versus the men's? I'm not sure why you'd want to make that point?

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It doesn't matter. Good luck to the lionesses today.

Gonna be a tough game, I think. We might have to be a bit lucky to get past them, the Aussies are strong.

Football is the only sport where people compare the women to the men.

If you don't like it don't watch it. And I don't see a reason to bash it at every opportunity.

You're not criticizing it as constructive critisicm but to provoke and create a negative reaction.

• Like 1

Â