2023/24 Match Ticket Prices & Cats

Talldarkandransome

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the days of £20-25 tickets might be gone for good.

I think the days of £100 tickets are on the way.

While we have away tickets capped at £30 (assume they still will be), it's difficult to justify the cheapest home ticket at £15 more than that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Sadly after having seen 40k turn up to watch Lambert and McLeish, I don't think they are

That rarely happened. We barely sold old under O'Neil most weeks and it's not been a struggle to get tickets last season...and cup games Villa fans never turn up even at semi final stages.

I think they have really miscalculated

Ridiculous pricing! 

Im not going to go to most matches at this price.  Especially because of Europe we might have 25 home games rather than 19-20.

Last season went to around 14/19 games, this season will probably go to 12/25 games.

Edited by ender4

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

That rarely happened. We barely sold old under O'Neil most weeks and it's not been a struggle to get tickets last season...and cup games Villa fans never turn up even at semi final stages.

I think they have really miscalculated

I hope you are right but they've paid someone a lot of money to cost everything 

I said I wouldn't renew and I did but really I think I am out after this season. Seeing £68 to sit in the Holte is as grim as it gets.

I'm actually so **** angry and disgusted at my club for what it now represents.

It's not even my club anymore.

I'm actually done after this season I really am.

This country is ****. I'm sick of the greed.

• Like 3

It'll be really interesting to see how this affects the attendances in Europe this season. The season tickets are still pretty good value because it breaks down to £32 a game for mine. They will easily sell out 50k in the PL because there is so few tickets available after ST sales and people feel lucky to get a ticket at all. 

However, with ST holders having to pay another £50 a game for cup/conference games I could quite easily see sub 30k attendances for certain games. I certainly won't be paying that for any more than about 3 games. 

Edited by villarule123

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I said I wouldn't renew and I did but really I think I am out after this season. Seeing £68 to sit in the Holte is as grim as it gets.

Welcome to modern sport. 

Unfortunately. 

Edited by Steero113

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You renewed though and that justifies it for them (not that they look that closely) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm with you (but a year ahead). This is what "success" looks like in English football in 2023.

I'll watch the odd game via dodgy streams but I'm done putting a penny into this league. I can't remember the last time I visited VP without feeling like they'd shaken me upside down for every bit of loose change they can get.

They won't mind that "legacy" fans are gone, of course, as long as they can flog tickets and tat to tourists. Our owners are objectively better, both as people and in terms of delivering results than many other owners in the league, but people would do well to remember that the billionaires are not our friends. We're walking wallets.

Part of me hopes the Saudi league takes off, and the whole rotten business of the PL comes caving in. Clubs will go bust, **** it, things will be built back. Probably a pipe dream at this point, but how much more can this bubble grow before it pops.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm with you (but a year ahead). This is what "success" looks like in English football in 2023.

I'll watch the odd game via dodgy streams but I'm done putting a penny into this league. I can't remember the last time I visited VP without feeling like they'd shaken me upside down for every bit of loose change they can get.

They won't mind that "legacy" fans are gone, of course, as long as they can flog tickets and tat to tourists. Our owners are objectively better, both as people and in terms of delivering results than many other owners in the league, but people would do well to remember that the billionaires are not our friends. We're walking wallets.

Part of me hopes the Saudi league takes off, and the whole rotten business of the PL comes caving in. Clubs will go bust, **** it, things will be built back. Probably a pipe dream at this point, but how much more can this bubble grow before it pops.

Sadly this is true. I was thinking of setting up a thing in my house where local fans to me can come and watch the games at my house (not everyone has access to dodgy streams), away games mainly but also the home games that I won't be going to. Can't advertise that obvs

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Just comparing to last season:

Cat A:

£59 to £68

£54.50 to £63

£50.50 to £58.50

Cat B:

£44 to £51

£39.50 to £45.50

£36.50 to £42

When you look at these prices it looks as though the club have continued the 15% price increases to the match day tickets.

The prices are a joke though with season tickets roughly working out as £41 a game, charging fans upto £68 a game is unnecessary.

The clubs going in a different direction, and they haven't yet realised that they won't be taking the large proportion of fans with them. It's understandable that the club need to make more money if they want to buy players and pay the high wages; however they are acting as though we are a London team and effectively trying to push out the working class fan base. The majority of loyal support at Villa Park have been with the club when it was knocking around the lower end of the PL, through relegation, and into the Championship; it would be nice if the club could bring those supporters with them for the good times.

• Like 3

I don't like what is happening but as a fan base the vast majority will want to compete for the top 5/6 places and want to win trophies and many of us have an expectation that the club is big enough to be able to do that. I have certainly always believed that the sky is the limit with our club.

Unfortunately if we want to compete with the best, as well as our owners stumping up cash, the club are going to have to exploit every income stream they can and that was always going to inevitably mean we are going to have to pay more. If we consider that Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle are likely to be the main contenders for those top places over the next half dozen years then I'd imagine our ticket prices will still compare pretty favourably with those clubs in terms of value for money. 

I say all the above as someone who as had a season ticket since 1988 and have stumped up through many years of being served up tripe. I'm realistic enough to know though that my loyalty counts for very little because as things stand now if I don't pay to come the club are happy to gamble that somebody else will. As I say I don't like it but that's the nature of the game now. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like the club described it as a simplified system, I don't know about you, but I hated those complicated cheaper tickets.

I wonder if the conference games will be £51 and £63 too - I have a feeling they will be.

Was genuinely a bit naive on this, was expecting the europa games to be priced in 25-30 quid range!

Maybe I'm just stuck in 2010s pricing but I think the board are in for a shock if they think we'd potentially sell out all the europa group games if we get through if they're charging premier league prices.

Is the play off match part of season ticket package or does anyone have to purchase that separately as could obviously plan for that game from end of May.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Imagine paying £40.50 to sit in the lower north stand. Not too long ago it was £250 for the season, and it's just as much of a shithole as it was back then.

It was only a few years ago that they had a special offer £30 for 3 games in the North stand. It’s what first got me hooked on attending live matches and now I attend lots of matches at £50 a ticket. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't like what is happening but as a fan base the vast majority will want to compete for the top 5/6 places and want to win trophies and many of us have an expectation that the club is big enough to be able to do that. I have certainly always believed that the sky is the limit with our club.

Unfortunately if we want to compete with the best, as well as our owners stumping up cash, the club are going to have to exploit every income stream they can and that was always going to inevitably mean we are going to have to pay more. If we consider that Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle are likely to be the main contenders for those top places over the next half dozen years then I'd imagine our ticket prices will still compare pretty favourably with those clubs in terms of value for money. 

I say all the above as someone who as had a season ticket since 1988 and have stumped up through many years of being served up tripe. I'm realistic enough to know though that my loyalty counts for very little because as things stand now if I don't pay to come the club are happy to gamble that somebody else will. As I say I don't like it but that's the nature of the game now. 

It’s about time people started to realise that football is a **** game and fans are a key part of it.

Justifying this pricing, during this particular cost of living crisis, is horrific. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the days of £20-25 tickets might be gone for good.

I think the days of £100 tickets are on the way.

Even if we're in the bottom half?!

Club can get away with it for now as for last 3-4 years we've been on a steady trajectory up the leagues again and now there's a real potential to accelerate in next two years if we get big transfers right but also always a danger we could have a West Ham style season of being in bottom six post Emery.

Be interesting if the prices are stupid then and we're 52k how high our crowds remains.

100 quid and you'd be expecting top 4 every season. Not sure Man. City charge anywhere near that for their prem games but could be wrong on that one, Newcastle certainly don't.

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Sadly after having seen 40k turn up to watch Lambert and McLeish, I don't think they are

Our crowds were more 30-35k in those times.

Picked up very nicely in the second half of the promotion season and stayed over 40k since.

However trying to get 52k in if we're mid table with little hope of european qualification and charging 45-50 quid for Cat B matches is going to be pretty tricky I reckon.

Â