Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For the likes of you and I yes but if a persons lifestyle has always been rich then it wouldn’t be.  People have a habit of living within/above their means.  The average footballer doesnt live in £200-500k houses and drive Corsa’s and holiday in Cornwall either.  Also these players are in their 20’s and probably don’t put as much away as they should.

I'm not even arguing whether or not a player would be right to take higher offers, I'm just stating what I believe to be factual - Premier League money is life changing for at least a generation for anybody.

If they spunk it all that's their own problem, but they could have million pound plus houses for themselves and all their kids which means life changing for all their grandkids too.

Edited by fightoffyour

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well, if you hang out with people who have helicopters and play golf in exclusive resorts then you sort of need a yacht to take it up a notch.

No one is arguing they don't have enough money.

But what some seem to be missing, there is wealth, and then there are numerous levels above that.

Lionel Messi is a poor man compared to Jeff Bezos. 

We're talking about what's life changing money, you're talking about how extremely rich people have extra fun.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm not even arguing whether or not a player would be right to take higher offers, I'm just stating what I believe to be factual - Premier League money is life changing for at least a generation for anybody. If they spunk it all that's their own problem.

True. But if they go to Saudi they can spunk just as much and still have incredible wealth remaining.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If £8m* or so isn’t life changing for an entire generation of your family then there’s no hope for you.

* - very rough maths, £40k/wk for a 10 year career assuming 60% tax. 

Absolutely, it's mental money for the ordinary guy in the street. Mental. Life changing compared to even an exceptional directors salary even. 

But compared to what's being offered by Saudi, it's almost insignificant.

The average PL footballer takes home £14m after tax in a 10 year career based on todays figures. 

Ruben Neves salary spread over that time period is 156m after tax, as there is none. 

It's disgusting levels of money, and frankly, its similar to the LIV golf scenario where its at such absurd levels that most will not turn it down. 

Just now, fightoffyour said:

We're talking about what's life changing money, you're talking about how extremely rich people have extra fun.

There are levels to it. 

Some people live in huts and hunt and have a happy life.

Most of UK have mobile phones and flat screen TVs. 

Some footballers have range rovers and live in 2m houses.

Some have several houses each worth 10m+ and a fleet of private planes.

Some CEOs have yachts and own islands.

Some CEOs influence politics and world governments.

Most people who earn a life changing 200k a year keep going and strive for more.

Same with footballers.

I don't begrudge a player going to join a team for money. I question their ambition, but football isn't everything for everybody. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

The German press have already said he’s interested, so has Romano. Not sure what Collomosse is really adding here that we don’t already know or has been speculated upon. 

Adding as much as this post, one might argue. 

WE HATE JOURNALISTS FOREVER!!!!! 

• Like 1

Â