Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s also a Muslim so if he does go to Ibn Saud’s land then there’s that too. 

This is me just being ignorant as a Catholic that really shouldn't class myself as catholic as I go to church for weddings and funerals but dose it really matter that much to him if he is there as of uk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s also a Muslim so if he does go to Ibn Saud’s land then there’s that too. 

I think I've seen a Muslim in Birmingham he could buddy up with too tho

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Or, get £150k/week in the best league in the world, still playing in Europe, and if I do well I can get close to £350k in my next move to a bigger club, seeing as I'm still 24.

All being well and you happen to become one of the top 30 or so players at your position...yeah sure.

But he could just as easily face a career ending tackle in a friendly in a few weeks time and be earning just 25% Before tax what he could be earning after Tax in Saudi.

Look, I'd choose Villa over all comers. I'd piss my pants to earn a premier League wage and earn it for Villa. But it's difficult to hold random 24yr olds to that when they have no ties and the Prem is what it is because of the money on offer. There's always a bigger fish. Just hopefully the Prem stays the better fish for a long time yet

Just now, pete101 said:

This is me just being ignorant as a Catholic that really shouldn't class myself as catholic as I go to church for weddings and funerals but dose it really matter that much to him if he is there as of uk

It will probably be a family decision especially with elders too. I’m a Muslim myself and Britain is so much better than a lot of European countries for being able to be a Muslim but Going and living in Saudi for a lot of Muslim families is a big pull. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pete101 said:

A lot of the players they have targeted like Benzema, Kante, Mendy are muslims and it seems to be a targeted campaign by the organisers. I suppose if they are strict then Saudi Arabia is an ideal place to live with its geography

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Except that's not really the case though is it. The reason Grealish starts for city consistently despite not providing a huge amount of goals or assists, even less than someone like foden or mahrez is simply because he always has a consistent positive impact on the game. Even city with all their money can't find wingers who are consistently good and also produce goals and assists at the level we need. 

I don't recall mentioning goals and assists my dude.

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

got a feeling he won't go to saudi and has higher footballing aspirations 

I hope so and I hope we keep Bailey at least until the January window to see if they can click like they did for Leverkusen. 

11 hours ago, Mic09 said:

You can get 150 a week (probably more like 75 after taxes) and break a leg in first training session ending your career.

It's not an easy call really. 

Obviously if you sign a 4/5 year contract that's still more money than the average person earns in their lifetime. 

I wonder if a club (in the interests of FFP) might be interested in you negotiating a new contract in that scenario on a longer term but lower wage. You get longer term security, lower tax costs, they get lower current costs more flexibility to sign an immediate replacement. Would that even be legal?

On topic though, if Moussa would rather play there for twice the salary, he's not the kind of player we want playing for us anyway so kind of a win win for me. Bullet dodged etc

Edited by MrBlack

I do feel that this guy is seemingly the better/safer option when compared to Doku…

Consistency, game time, contributions (g/a), less injury prone, experience…

Maybe we wrap this deal up in the next few days…

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hope so and I hope we keep Bailey at least until the January window to see if they can click like they did for Leverkusen. 

Yep, I’d like to see us give that a chance. Leon has a hell of a lot more to offer or even “unlock”… same goes for Buendia.

Adding more quality to the side could elevate level/performances of some of our current players…

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Consistency, game time, contributions (g/a), less injury prone, experience…

Yeah I commented that Neil said on his podcast that the one major positive about Diaby is that he is pretty consistent.

For a winger that's a major plus as you can imagine.

So this is probably why he is the main target.

It's all well and good being world class for 1 game in 10, but if someone is a consistent 7 - 8 in most games it's better 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â