Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

18 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Maybe if we hadn't changed manufacturer and badge. As per @NurembergVillan, these things delay the typical timeframe. 

Of course, Adidas being absolutely huge, very experienced, and probably a far more competent outfit than Fanatics may mean they can actually deliver on time. (I am aware Fanatics supply loads of sports clubs these days but I'm yet to be convinced they're actually any good at it).

Reading between the lines of @NurembergVillan's posts I think it is the badge they've trademarked, with the gold lion and the yellow one with the drop shadow used in some places online or whatever.  I'm also hoping he has designed the kit too.  Adidas seem to have released their template international kits so I suspect we will just get a claret and blue version of that.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe we really did get the lion from shutterstock

Nah, there's already been an article posted on here previously stating the process of how it was designed for us specifically and we trademarked it ages ago.

What has most likely happened here is that somebody has taken it from Shutterstock (that it shouldn't be on) either because they don't know it belongs to Villa (unlikely), or simply don't think they'll get caught as they are so small, or possibly they know the company is only going to be around for a short period of time so it doesn't matter.

From the club's point of view, it is probably a case of trying to find some contact details of the company, sending them a letter politely asking them to stop using the lion with a vague threat of legal action and that would probably do the job.

Or they could be like Apple and just take legal action against anyone who's ever considered using a lion in anything. Ever.

On 14/03/2024 at 15:57, MrBlack said:

So if next seasons shirts are already on a pallet somewhere which badge do they have on then and why hasn't a picture of them been leaked? Why haven't the club announced anything knowing that such a leak is incredibly likely given recent history?

We only signed the deal with Adidas recently, and that isn't even formally announced so I'd be surprised if they'd manage to design and mass produce the kit already. 

More likely our kits will arrive later than normal I'd expect (and normal for us is late anyway)

I suspect that the reason the Adidas deal hasn't been officially announced is down to some clause in the deal to terminate / buy ourselves out of the Castore contract.  Castore will be keen to extract as much as they can out of the limited time remaining.  I think it is pretty clear that the deal has been done due to the number of "unofficial" reports through the media and the fact that a certain poster on here redacted himself from further discussions on the nature of the deal.  Therefore, I think it is 99% certain that Adidas are already working on / have finalised our kit designs / started manufacture for next season.  As serious players in this market and the pretty much confirmed "fact" that we are in their "elite" category - I suspect we'll hear all about our new kits very early after the contract starts. 

🤣  FA breaking their own rules and then expect to tell Heck/Villa how to consult with fans about heritage & badges/designs. The FA is a total failure on and off the pitch. Why were FAB running to these clowns... 

• Like 1

This will go quickly off topic but using the St George's Cross in different colours on the shirt has been done about 10 times before, they probably just didn't realise how sensitive the flag-shaggers are these days.  I bet if they'd consulted the players they would barely have even noticed the detail anyway.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Bit out of the loop with the badge thing right now, does anyone know if the one with the very detailed lion meant to be on a kit is/could be real? Saw it via Footyheadlines and liked it.

The detailed lion badge has been copyrighted along with the previous incarnation of the Heck badge, so as far as anyone knows that will indeed be the new crest and they are just waiting to launch it together with the new Adidas kit and Betano sponsor all together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

The detailed lion badge has been copyrighted along with the previous incarnation of the Heck badge, so as far as anyone knows that will indeed be the new crest and they are just waiting to launch it together with the new Adidas kit and Betano sponsor all together.

Cheers for that mate. Was very keen on it when I saw it, Adidas make very good kits as well so I'm hoping we are in for some classics!

Must be a fake image but, looking at it, if we just got rid of the blue background, the badge might be fine and allow the lion to stand out 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

20 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Must be a fake image but, looking at it, if we just got rid of the blue background, the badge might be fine and allow the lion to stand out 🤷‍♂️

It’s still shit. But it’s far less shit without the blue background

• Like 2

The fundamental problem with any version of the proposed new badge is there isn’t enough space above the lion’s head and there is too much shield underneath his feet.  The proportions are wrong.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The fundamental problem with any version of the proposed new badge is there isn’t enough space above the lion’s head and there is too much shield underneath his feet.  The proportions are wrong.

I know and we are going to be lumped with this for another decade in all probability. 

21 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The new ADIDAS kit wouldn't have BK8 as sponsor, would it? Should be Betano.

• 2 weeks later...
Â