Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It looks so shit compared to other badges 😔. Always winds me up, doesn't reflect the status of the club.

FB_IMG_1708679824770.jpg

No it doesn't...

hand on heart you really think Plzen, Molde, Fiorentina, Servette, Zagreb to name just a few are better?

I think they're shite....I mean, just look at the imagination used for the Servette badge, a letter S in a circle

and there it is, It's just opinions JV....

no matter what we end up with it will be shite in some peoples eyes and cool in others.

#badgegate

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

No it doesn't...

hand on heart you really think Plzen, Molde, Fiorentina, Servette, Zagreb to name just a few are better?

I think they're shite....I mean, just look at the imagination used for the Servette badge, a letter S in a circle

and there it is, It's just opinions JV....

no matter what we end up with it will be shite in some peoples eyes and cool in others.

#badgegate

Fiorentina and Zagreb are good

• Like 1

Interesting looking at the Club Brugge badge, and how small that is forced to become because the star above it has to be included, and all the badges have been scaled to fit the same vector.

Another reason to bin off the star totally, and not just move out to a more logical external location. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Better? Worse?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So many elements I normally hate but I love this badge for some reason.

Fits most people’s criteria as well

• Unique
  • Primarily Claret & Blue
  • Says “Aston Villa”
  • Says “1874”
  • Has a star
  • Easy to see the components 
  • Modern with a bit of Heritage

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From what i can gather, fans have to be consulted about a badge change.

As far as I can see, Heck has seen this as showing the FAB his badge and when they said the lion should be more rampant, a small change was made just to the lion but still mainly sticking with his own design.

At the next FAB meeting, can someone show Teale's Tache's badge to Heck  and say "what about this you cock-sucker?"

I’m not defending Heck, but the fans were consulted. They sent out another survey and supposedly took our inputs from that. 

It’s not a defence, but it’s enough to justify the fan consultation part I imagine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

So many elements I normally hate but I love this badge for some reason.

Fits most people’s criteria as well

• Unique
  • Primarily Claret & Blue
  • Says “Aston Villa”
  • Says “1874”
  • Has a star
  • Easy to see the components 
  • Modern with a bit of Heritage

I think the vast majority of dans have no issue with the star in theory, it’s more how they just chuck it in a random place. 

I hate the star on the badge at the moment but if it was central and actually looked good I’d be fine with it. Proud of it in fact 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

But yes, the star doesn’t fit within the crest, it should be taken out and added above but only on the shirts when we play in Europe imho. 

Only when we play in the Champions League (which will hopefully mean exactly the same thing!).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

But yes, the star doesn’t fit within the crest, it should be taken out and added above but only on the shirts when we play in Europe imho. 

I actually quite like this.  Should we have 7 stars when we play in the FA Cup (maybe not above the crest but somewhere semi-discrete on the shirt)?

6 minutes ago, allani said:

I actually quite like this.  Should we have 7 stars when we play in the FA Cup (maybe not above the crest but somewhere semi-discrete on the shirt)?

That might be a bit much, but could be incorporated somewhere into the shirt design I guess. Been a while since we won the FA Cup so I’d not be too quick to shout about it tbh. 

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That might be a bit much, but could be incorporated somewhere into the shirt design I guess. Been a while since we won the FA Cup so I’d not be too quick to shout about it tbh. 

It will become an issue in about 2050 when we're trying to figure out how to layout the stars for our 32 league titles.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JPAngel said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ead3f3b7573b1a6fb263d3b9d9f990a9.jpeg

Better? Worse?

It looks even worse than the initial one when it's shrunk down to that size imo. FWIW that trademark received approval today. 

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wishywashy said:

It looks even worse than the initial one when it's shrunk down to that size imo. FWIW that trademark received approval today. 

Just approval for the trademark or approval from the FA?

Â