Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep… I’ve seen several of his comments… I’d be surprised if this is fake… he’s gonna get a heap of abuse if it is…

Imagine if after seeing this badge, it actually turns out to be the pile of poo we saw on the copyright thing 😱

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The wording looks like it fits better, though still not as good as if it was above the lion.

Meh, I know what you mean. But it still looks odd, even though I think technically it is centred. But it is an improvement on the government site linked one.

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Someone on Reddit has found this badge was trademarked/copyrighted in August 2015.

Not sure if that makes it more or less likely to be our new badge .

• Like 1

If it is to be that gold lion badge then I’m fine with that. It looks decent and it’s a bit different to the rest. 

If it’s not and the random Twitter user has made it up for attention, then I’ll be glad I haven’t wasted the last two weeks talking about it. 

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Someone on Reddit has found this badge was trademarked/copyrighted in August 2015.

Not sure if that makes it more or less likely to be our new badge .

I think it's just the Lion that was trademarked in 2015

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

maybe the club want it leaked. It does happen where companies legitimately get things leaked to suit the narrative.

Just saying it happens

Precisely.

Happens in every industry e.g 'test screenings' for movies is one example.

Subliminal messages in advertising ALL the time too....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only thing kind of bugging me now is the white lettering and star.

Wonder if another golf external outline ( matching the lion ) on the shield would help this, on Claret.

Yeah, additional gold “trims” around the badge and gold “piping” on the shirt would probably be appealing and smart…

I just don’t think they’ll got for anything like that… if this is the badge, I think it’ll remain like that… n the extent of the gold is the lion itself… I suppose adding more gold would take away from that too… when that’s what should be vivid and focussed on…

They should just hurry up and do the full reveal now…

That said.  This most recent leaked badge is a tremendous improvement.  Fair play.  I actually LIKE the attempt to have Aston Villa at the bottom- that is something that makes us different than all the other badges- very few have the name at the bottom.  Not a big fan of the lack of Claret in the badge- I think they could perhaps do away with the white band in the shield outline and just make it a thicker Claret band?  Maybe that would help bring in more Claret, idk.

Personally I still prefer the round badge- but this effort makes it much closer for me.  Maybe 60/40 now.  I could certainly grow into this- but i'm VERY curious to see how this badge is 'blown up' into 3-4 different AVFC logos (ala Phil 76ers).  One of the things I really liked about the round badge is its very easy to remove pieces and keep the AVFC logo and feel.  Not sure how easily that is done with an asymmetrical shape.

UTV

• Like 2

Â