Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It might be quite heavy though. 

Not completely sure what to make of that image… Haven’t seen a badge with exactly that kind of detailing or level of “gold look”. Kind of like a “stick on piece”…

But it’s also not the first “gold badge”… some embroidered, some plastic or rubber… here are some other examples…hopefully it wouldn’t be heavy…

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If it’s only gold plated, I’m out. 

If it’s 24 carat, I’m in. But only if I can buy a shirt for less than £60. 

Will it be available in the Jewelry Quarter?  Only local gold for me....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If this is indeed the final design then I don't see how that lion can be transferred to a wearable item, like a football shirt. It may well be the badge but the lion doesn't give the appearance of any flexibility. Elements look very similar to the learner badge with the use of rubber, which I prefer to the embroidered finish. I think an embroidered finish with the lion is what you'll get. 

What I don't understand though is why submit a design with a drop shadow for the lion and not the lettering when the lettering is just as prominent and gives a more shadowy effect.   

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's actually genius, took me a while to see it and get it but it's a J that's doing a lot of things 

0_ubhrDsw36wfy2a2r.png

Do people really still not see this about that logo?

About the drop shadow. Chelsea's badge has the lion/animal with a light blue drop shadow as a vector/print/online format but obviously not on anything to do with kit/clothing.

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

About the drop shadow. Chelsea's badge has the lion/animal with a light blue drop shadow as a vector/print/online format but obviously not on anything to do with kit/clothing.

Oh.

But I thought the whole point of ditching the round badge was to avoid being like Chelsea!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Which this badge doesn’t do in my opinion, even at its most basic level, it’s awful.

I mean, the trademark application was made in October. I'm sure there has been some minor tweaks since to deal with any minor issues. I've done it myself. Did branding for a global religious conference and once the branding was all approved at the last minute made some minor changes as the balance wasn't right and all parties notified.

I've just started f doing similar, a project for a global religious organisation that's rebranding and growing which involves logo, print, online and website redesigning and, in the case of the site, new build. No pressure when the pope, the king and other major leaders are all endorsing their charter!

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not completely sure what to make of that image… Haven’t seen a badge with exactly that kind of detailing or level of “gold look”. Kind of like a “stick on piece”…

But it’s also not the first “gold badge”… some embroidered, some plastic or rubber… here are some other examples…hopefully it wouldn’t be heavy…

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Were Aston Villa. We gave the world the league format. Our crest on our shirt should always be gold, NOT yellow or pineapple, proper Gold.

If Adidas are giving us a top quality gold lion, you try telling me we aren't in their elite top level bracket!?

150th anniversary coinciding with them becoming shirt supplier. You bet yer ass they're pulling out all the stops to give us elite top level merch.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, villan95 said:

So there's a chance it could look alright on the shirts then🤞Doesn't change the fact it still looks so poor digitally though 😕

The leaked trademark badge may have just been a placeholder image for the final product. Let's hope so.

If there's no drop shadow and the lion is detailed/textured, then it's definitely an improvement.

I still can't understand why there's so little claret in that badge, considering claret & blue are our main colours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The leaked trademark badge may have just been a placeholder image for the final product. Let's hope so.

Hopefully but wishful thinking I reckon. People who have seen it seem to have confirmed this is it.

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Were Aston Villa. We gave the world the league format. Our crest on our shirt should always be gold, NOT yellow or pineapple, proper Gold.

If Adidas are giving us a top quality gold lion, you try telling me we aren't in their elite top level bracket!?

150th anniversary coinciding with them becoming shirt supplier. You bet yer ass they're pulling out all the stops to give us elite top level merch.

Hope so, something like this? Sod the shield (it’s shite anyway), give us an appealing standalone lion for a 150th celebratory shirt… especially if it’s a third or “special edition one”… sponsorless too please…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Hope so, something like this? Sod the shield (it’s shite anyway), give us an appealing standalone lion for a 150th celebratory shirt… especially if it’s a third or “special edition one”… sponsorless too please…

spacer.png

spacer.png

That badge looks so cheap and nasty like that.  I don’t mind the general idea but that just looks cheap.

• Like 2

Â