Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

It’s an excellent base to build on and tinker with, at the very least. Awesome colour arrangement.

Massive improvement from Lerner’s (and now Heck’s) bs scheme.

It stands out! There is contrast!

Yellow on blue must die its long overdue death!!

1 hour ago, Galway Lion said:

Nailed it with Aston Villa on one line!

This should be sent to Naseef and Wes and get them to let the fans vote on it. Won’t happen sadly and we’ll be left with the other abomination 

The one line one is better @Jas10.

At firs ti liked the first one, then as I looked at it, it started to look a little unbalanced 

Just a matter of time until there's a banner across the top of VT...

Design our new badge competition!... *clicks link* Chris Heck has been in touch with the mods of VT....

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I like the simplicity of it. Eye catching.

If Heck was half ad good as everyone said he was this is close to what he would have come up with. Instantly recognisable as Aston Villa and close to the original crest though still modern and sleek. Just brilliant. 

I am resigned to his yellow lion monstrosity, however. All indicators are that it has been settled and is on the new kit 😔 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

20 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We've had it for the entirety of the PL Era and the round bad is really run of the mill and was only voted for by fans because of 1982 and the nostalgia. 

And the "PL Era" has existed for 31 years, or 20% of our existence as a club.

Shield or not, our badges have been utter crap since the round badge was replaced.  The ONLY thing that Small Heath fans can legitimately level at Villa is that they've retained their badge heritage  while we have jumped around with ludicrous design after ludicrous design.  It's not the nostalgia of 1982, it's the fact that the round badge was the last decent one we had.

Anyone with any level of decent eyesight can see that yellow on light blue is a ridiculous combination, especially for a club that is claret and blue. I grew up with the round badge, went to Rotterdam and Highbury etc etc. and associate that period with us playing in claret and blue with a claret and blue badge.  Whether it is round, shield, oval, triangle or flipping octagonal isn't my major concern.  I just want it to be claret and blue and visible as an Aston Villa badge/Lion from more than three feet away..... 

• Thanks 1

Aren’t all the social media thumbnails round, surely it would make more sense to have a round badge with the central circle and lion being used on X and the like. 

Personally I think it would look good with a claret lion and white circle as the lion would really stand out. 

I'll be honest, that guys badge is an improvement, but not a fan of the order of the colours at all. And he says he used the template colours from the AV150 mark... But the gold and blue appear much brighter than they did in that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villarule123 said:

The fact that the club still haven't commented on this over a week after its leak gives me a bit of optimism they are changing their minds.

Normally when something leaks like this, a confirmation/reveal is fast-tracked.

They can't the kits are going to be in production.

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They can't the kits are going to be in production.

This part is criminal.

It's almost like he KNEW there would be a backlash against his actions, so went "sod it get them made ASAP so it's too late"

12 hours ago, villan95 said:

giphy.gif

The one reminder that I enjoy about this is no matter what we do, ever, nothing we will ever see on one of our shirts will ever compare to how absolutely appalling that club's badge is.

I think I've actually changed my mind a little bit over the last year or so of all this badge stuff.

I definitely have a round preference, and I have always said the Name (not the initials), the star and 1874 along with a return to a more traditional Rampant Lion were the building blocks to play with - that and doing away with the yellow on blue of course.

I'm less allied to quite a few of those, But the Rampant Lion and the claret and blue bit are the two I have any strong feelings about.

I'm very much on board with the idea of multiple logos based around the new look if that's what we go with, covers people's shape and detail preferences.

17 hours ago, ianifratti said:

For some reason all i see is a pair of Y fronts and socks. Still better than Heck’s effort though 

I thought it was what was handed over to Ghandi's family after he threw a 7.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen anything better than the round one on our shirt, right now.
I've seen better crest designs than the purported trademarked one, but crests in general leave me feeling underwhelmed now.

I love the golden lion on a claret shirt design. But its not something to use across all marketing.

The roundel just sits on a shirt nicely. Getting a nice shirt helps too. I'm sure there's a skillful compromise somewhere but I've yet to see it. 

avfc-24-new.jpg.7c9ae489a02211a14350322c27358d33.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The colours, lion and crest shape are a big improvement over the club's version, which is why I'm so surprised that the designer saw the issue of the lion looking a bit squashed up at the top of the badge and decided to make that element even worse.

Stick Aston Villa on a single row at the top and make the lion bigger and that's as close to perfection as we'll get.

That's a Villa badge. 

It's alright by me and welcome to marry my sister any day. 

Â