Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

40 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Depends on the brief, if you're not allowed to change the colours, lion or star (which I think might of been the case, I mean why else would you keep them?!) then this design wouldn't fill the criteria and nor would pretty much all the fan made designs we see/have made.

You're absolutely right, and I don't know the brief of course - I just mean the core components are well balanced. At this point I'd accept the star and whichever lion, if it sat comfortably. Even if we had the fundamentals of a well arranged crest and hold on to a glimmer of hope the colours get adapted at some point..

Plus if they were open to crest shapes, at least consider something more ownable, such as this.

Edited by Muller Yogurt Long Sleever

They really need to release the new badge soon. The fervour against the leaked badge is not getting any better. The Twitter thread beneath the official ‘reveal’ is going to be an all timer 😂

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The colours, lion and crest shape are a big improvement over the club's version, which is why I'm so surprised that the designer saw the issue of the lion looking a bit squashed up at the top of the badge and decided to make that element even worse.

Stick Aston Villa on a single row at the top and make the lion bigger and that's as close to perfection as we'll get.

It’s more about the spacing. He’s added enough room at the top so that it doesn’t look squashed

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm actually not sure about the text on this to be honest.

It’s an excellent base to build on and tinker with, at the very least. Awesome colour arrangement.

Massive improvement from Lerner’s (and now Heck’s) bs scheme.

It stands out! There is contrast!

Yellow on blue must die its long overdue death!!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Love this concept. I would have liked to see the end version of this one too.

Nailed it with Aston Villa on one line!

This should be sent to Naseef and Wes and get them to let the fans vote on it. Won’t happen sadly and we’ll be left with the other abomination 

• Like 1

Just now, Galway Lion said:

This should be sent to Naseef and Wes and get them to let the fans vote on it. Won’t happen sadly and we’ll be left with the other abomination 

Yeah I prefer it on one line. Also allows the lion to be a little bigger.

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Would like to see a version with Aston Villa on top too…

again, it’s a superb base to build on and make small changes to

but I like it as it is too

• Like 1

The fact that the club still haven't commented on this over a week after its leak gives me a bit of optimism they are changing their minds.

Normally when something leaks like this, a confirmation/reveal is fast-tracked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

A detailed critique that outlines all of the faults and where and how improvements could be made… from a professional with 25 years experience and lifelong Villa fan…

That thread has more than double the likes than the #OnBrand logo that Heck posted the other week (that also got more replies than likes). Oops.

Edited by wishywashy

26 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The fact that the club still haven't commented on this over a week after its leak gives me a bit of optimism they are changing their minds.

Normally when something leaks like this, a confirmation/reveal is fast-tracked.

I was thinking this whilst waiting for the RAC to get to me this morning (had some time to kill). Either this or they are waiting for people to ‘forget’ before launching. 

If it is the case of it being the badge I expect the official X/Twittrr account to turn off comments. It will be a blood bath!

26 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I have a sneaky feeling they will cave and keep the round badge. 

I really don't think that will happen.  They might not launch the leaked version and / or they may push the launch back so that some "improvements" can be incorporated but I don't see them suddenly announcing that we're going to stick with the current round badge long term.

Â