Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think any changes that get made at this stage would be from the start of the 2025-26 season. We will have copyrighted this badge in order to begin production.

Changes from the start of the 2025-26 season would be a disaster - we can't keep having new badges every season - it makes us look like a disorganised mess.

Like it or not, this is our badge and it should be for the next few years at the very least - you might think it's an ugly step child, but it's ours and I think we best make a fist of trying to love it.

Good luck OBE.

At this point Villa fans are basically the Democratic Unionist Party.

We can't come to an agreement about what we want, but we know it's not (insert proposal here).

• Like 1

Just do a vote between these two and be done with it, credit to @fightoffyour

spacer.png

spacer.png

This whole, drawn out “process” has been tiring and draining (it really has dragged on for long enough) but fans have to be vocal and resist having something we don’t like or want being forced on us too… we don’t want to end up with a piece of crap for the next few years at least… the sooner we can resolve it, the better… rather than continually repeating or rewinding…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

First of let me be clear we need all the fans we can get.

But it will be strange...

Fans watching corners through their phones.

Chinese guys in half and half scarfs

Villa Talk will be full of African guys getting angry about the strangest things.

Kids in Manchester asking there Dads to buy Villa Kits.

Those same Villa Kits on sale in JD sports

The changes will be endless because if Spurs can go where they have gone, there is no doubt in my mind if Villa get it right (by that i mean win things regularly because Spurs haven't even done that and they are massive!) we can do similar....

We already have a global fan base. I am not British and many others here aren't either.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just do a vote between these two and be done with it, credit to @fightoffyour

spacer.png

spacer.png

This whole, drawn out “process” has been tiring and draining (it really has dragged on for long enough) but fans have to be vocal and resist having something we don’t like or want being forced on us too… we don’t want to end up with a piece of crap for the next few years at least… the sooner we can resolve it, the better… rather than continually repeating or rewinding…

Neither?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Chinese guys in half and half scarfs

Villa Talk will be full of African guys getting angry about the strangest things.

We are an international club with fan chapters in various countries, we live in a multicultural country and Birmingham is multicultural also - why single out Chinese and African fans like that? Everyone is welcome to support us. 

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think any changes that get made at this stage would be from the start of the 2025-26 season. We will have copyrighted this badge in order to begin production.

Changes from the start of the 2025-26 season would be a disaster - we can't keep having new badges every season - it makes us look like a disorganised mess.

Like it or not, this is our badge and it should be for the next few years at the very least - you might think it's an ugly step child, but it's ours and I think we best make a fist of trying to love it.

"Look like" ?

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

Neither?

Ok, I give up 😂🤷‍♂️

Just wish we had better options to choose from and vote…. Proper professional, visually appealing and well designed stuff from those employed by the club rather than something half arsed, unsuitable or ugly.

Or why not just fix the one people voted on:

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are an international club with fan chapters in various countries, we live in a multicultural country and Birmingham is multicultural also - why single out Chinese and African fans like that? Everyone is welcome to support us. 

Although I did single them out it was not the intention of the post.

The intention of the post was to point out the type of things that happen when a club becomes successful in what is a globally era.

I don’t suggest anywhere that new fans are not welcome.

It will be different to what we have been used too if we become successful in the way we assume that the club wants to be.

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The badge being a turd is one thing, but the comms are absolutely terrible. Still no announcement or clarification regarding the new badge a week after it was leaked. 

Probably because they're ploughing ahead with it - no doubt mass production is imminent - and hoping fans will tire themselves out and/or forget the issue on account of good performances on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The badge being a turd is one thing, but the comms are absolutely terrible. Still no announcement or clarification regarding the new badge a week after it was leaked. 

A huge coincidence that just as a significant negative reaction to both the trademarked crest and the handing of the consultation process is building up, a big new deal with Adidas is reported by a major news publication. 

By addressing it at all, you're acknowledging it's an issue that exists and, so, will need negotiating, which they don't want to happen if the kits are about to be manufactured. Better to pretend you're ignoring it.

Edited by His Name Is Death

It's good that it's getting traction in the press from people like Tanswell. Hopefully the FA will be having a swift word and Heck will be summoned to Nas's office to explain how he's made such a terrible pig's ear of the whole process.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, I give up 😂🤷‍♂️

Just wish we had better options to choose from and vote…. Proper professional, visually appealing and well designed stuff from those employed by the club rather than something half arsed, unsuitable or ugly.

Or why not just fix the one people voted on:

spacer.png

IMG-1229new-Colours.jpg

I don't think the lack of clarity from the club is good for us, it tells me they're hoping the angst will die down by the time the unveiling happens.

I'm guessing they knew going back to the old yellow lion on blue would be wildly unpopular so they leaked it early to allow people to get angry before the official unveiling in the hope that we'll settle down and the public backlash won't be so strong.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

IMG-1229new-Colours.jpg

The problem and complaint with too much claret is that it won’t stand out and just blend in to the shirt… a fair point.

The colours in the crest need to “break it up” or “pop” off the shirt…

I think that can be done by shifting the correct colours around rather than introducing anything new and irrelevant, or sticking with yellow on blue…

Plus… we could just use one of the 50 shades of claret we’ve already had on the shirt and another shade on the badge 😂

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

IMG-1229new-Colours.jpg

It’s actually worth sticking new badge designs or mockups on a shirt or claret background to see how it would actually look and whether it would stand out tbf.

This is why I’m almost insistent on some use of gold… because that adds a touch of class and really does make the badge “pop” off a claret shirt…

Can be broken up with blue too… but it is difficult to get the shades “just right” or choose the perfect ones…

Too much of one colour or the wrong shade ruins a design…

I’ve almost begrudgingly “accepted” this new lion and darker colours but my personal preference is more vibrancy… and a bolder lion (not much of a problem with our usual one, mainly needs a proper contrasting background… but I know the majority favour the new one…)

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s actually worth sticking new badge designs or mockups on a shirt or claret background to see how it would actually look and whether it would stand out tbf.

This is why I’m almost insistent on some use of gold… because that adds a touch of class and really does make the badge “pop” off a claret shirt…

Can be broken up with blue too… but it is difficult to get the shades “just right” or choose the perfect ones…

Ive almost begrudgingly “accepted” this new lion and darker colours but my personal preference is more vibrancy… and a bolder lion (not much of a problem with our usual one, mainly needs a proper contrasting background… but I know the majority favour the new one…)

I did that with your Nike kit and the Lerner badge looked fine to me:

nikekit-New-Lerner-Badge.png

• Like 1

Â