Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't know what is real and what is fake anymore. 

Somebody on Twitter has said that we’ve trademarked loads of different designs and not to read into it but we’ll see I guess.

• Like 3

I've posted in this thread a few times mentioning that I know a little bit about design, been cautiously optimistic about the direction of the badge based on the branding of the 150th Anniversary announcement, the rebrand of the 76ers, etc.

This is absolutely horrendous. I hate it.

I would take both the Lerner badge, the Purslow badge, and several designs in this thread above it.

I am actually impressed by how amateurish it looks.

Edited by jayEm
  • Like 4

As someone else said, imagine if we won the league, or a cup this year, with the round badge on the shirt, and then it was canned the following season. The round badge would go to legendary status! :D 

• Like 3

I have criticised Heck a lot on here so will refrain here as I think the consensus speaks for itself.

I can't believe we have gone through two processes of change and ended up with something that is still based on our worst ever badge. Absolutely unbelievable. 

Do we still think Heck is a guru?

Edit FFS we still have the pale yellow lion! Thought they at least make it claret.  That consultation was a waste of everybody's time. That was the one clear finding, we wanted claret and blue more prominent. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It can't be fake, it's been lodged by the club as a trademark. 

Its like a sick joke. I don't know whats happening off the pitch at the minute. All over the place. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Take the shield away and there's a nice simplified version which I'm sure will be used a lot. 

They were doing that with the Lerner badge already, and could have carried on doing that, without wasting everybody's time for the last two years.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

They were doing that with the Lerner badge already, and could have carried on doing that, without wasting everybody's time for the last two years.

Good point to be fair.

Just looked at the linked historical trademark filings and that's that they were doing.

My god the original Lerner one was shite though.

Having now looked at the Crest shaped one from the last survey, I've now realised that was shite as well 😂 ( Even though I initially liked it )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Somebody on Twitter has said that we’ve trademarked loads of different designs and not to read into it but we’ll see I guess.

Where are the others then?

Absolutely awful.  The one thing that needed fixing, more than anything was the yellow-on-light-blue.  If they had fixed just that I could have lived with almost anything else.  Not only did they not fix that issue, but just basically shifted the lion to the top and pasted Aston Villa below.  Amateur hour! 

• Like 3

Â