Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Lerner made tweaks to the Lerner badge.  Or at least his chairman Steve Hollis did early in 2016 before the takeover.

Ahh I stand corrected. I remember it changing for the first season in the championship but I've checked and you are correct that those changes had already been decided in April 2016.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I could live with that badge even though I am annoyed we are losing the round badge

Hired as a world class commercial guy and potentially that’s what we get.  Not only that we will have paid a fortune to ‘professionals’ to produce that. giphy-downsized-large.gif

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If fans asked for a round badge first survey. Does it mean they changed their mind in the second survey? I prefer the round badge myself but have stopped caring. 

As the FAB said ‘who was asked?’ because none of the FAB were and I haven’t heard anybody else that has in a second consultation 

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, villan95 said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9529gdzqttnq1qtjj86q

If that’s the badge Heck should be sacked on the spot. It would be bad enough by itself  but made 1000x worse by the fact that it was *his* choice to bin the previous badge. 

Let’s hope this is just someone on the wind up.

• Like 3

Just now, PeterSw said:

It sounds like we are getting the Lerner badge with a lion facing the other way and a slightly modified crest shape

Hopefully it also says Aston Villa. The one posted above is offensively inoffensive thou.

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

As the FAB said ‘who was asked?’ because none of the FAB were and I haven’t heard anybody else that has in a second consultation 

The second consultation was the survey sent out by the club earlier this year.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Risso said:

So, despite the first survey giving the results that a round badge was most popular, is Heck now trying to state that in his survery, everybody's plumped for the original shield instead? If I've got that right, I'm not sure I believe him.

The second survey was worded differently, it was kinda presented as something like “We think Aston Villa’s badge is best represented by a shield design…to what extent do you agree?”

Something like that. A much more leading question.

I think my response would have been powered by a “Yeah, ok, fine whatever” mindset. So I think the survey probably does show that people voted for it, but I think it was both leading and a kinda apathy had set in. I don’t think the majority of supporters do want a shield shape, I think a lot are disinterested now.

IF what we’re seeing is accurate, I honestly think we’ll be having this same damn conversation in three years time.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

It just seems to me that everything outside of the football side of things is a bit of a shitshow. 

Next season it will be a choice selection of different badges, unfortunately it'll cost you an extra £50 on top of the new shirt price of £150 to have an iron on version. "Want the embroidered one sir, that'll be £65, or you can go for the sweat proof pro style and get the rubber one for just £75".  

I jest a little but I hate to think what next summer will bring when it comes to ST renews etc. I can see a very disgruntled fanbase at this rate getting ripped the f*** off. 

Â