Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

14 hours ago, useless said:

I've just realized  no one actually gives a damn what it looks like as long as it isn't totally hideous, they think they do, but a week or so after it's released it will be largely forgotten about and will be something that's just there. Anything that endures over time sacrifices its ability to make an impression. Anything that constitutes the walls of our life, the backdrop of our consciousness, so to speak, forfeits its capacity to play a role in that consciousness. A constant, bothersome sound becomes inaudible after several hours. Pictures that we hang up on the wall are in a matter of days soaked up by the wall;

I want this on the badge

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like a few of those, but the more I look, the more I think the star is disturbing our designs.

I like the sharper shield and gaslamp variants, and the diamond

I agree.  I don't mind the star somewhere on the shirt - I'm just not convinced that it should be in the badge.  It will be quite interesting to see whether they release a new badge or whether it will be a full suite of brand components.  If the former then it will be harder to sell a badge without a star - if the latter and the star is featured in other components then it becomes easier to explain / align to the survey results.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, useless said:

I've just realized  no one actually gives a damn what it looks like as long as it isn't totally hideous, they think they do, but a week or so after it's released it will be largely forgotten about and will be something that's just there. Anything that endures over time sacrifices its ability to make an impression. Anything that constitutes the walls of our life, the backdrop of our consciousness, so to speak, forfeits its capacity to play a role in that consciousness. A constant, bothersome sound becomes inaudible after several hours. Pictures that we hang up on the wall are in a matter of days soaked up by the wall;

Depends on the person to he fair.

As a somewhat creative person who dabbles in design ( Amateur Pro 😂 ), the current one has irritated me since its inception.

Even moreso when I see it on social media or with all the crests.

The one in the flesh on the shirts previously ( Detailed ones ) actually look good in the flesh but shite everywhere else.

So I'd assume people heavily involved in design, or who just have an eye for creative, colour balance etc probably get even more wound up than me.

Overall though, yeah if it's not hideous we just " accept it "... Not necessarily like it though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Anyone seen this... Lol

" An AI was asked to create a new badge for Aston Villa, and this was the result....
Should we be worried that that they're already "seeing" machines as better options than the norm? Skynet anyone?!

** PS: If I go missing now, my toasters had me ** ;)

#VTID #aiartwork #skynet"

FB_IMG_1697666414736.jpg

In fairness, make this a non robot " Fierce " lion and it's pretty sick.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Overall though, yeah if it's not hideous we just " accept it "... Not necessarily like it though.

Similar to the Prepared rubbish we put up with for so long. I always loathed this. Not least because we've been oscillating between rubbish to embarrassing for the majority of my Villa supporting career. So prepared became a stick to beat us with and an obvious form of endless hilarity for any wit who could be bothered to taunt us with a ..to fail .. to lose from a winning position .. to disappoint yet again. It's a struggle to turn it into any form of positive, and probably one of the most limp and stupid phrases ever to be associated with in sport.

But what could I do except wince whenever I saw it? Designs and concepts do matter.

54 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Similar to the Prepared rubbish we put up with for so long. I always loathed this. Not least because we've been oscillating between rubbish to embarrassing for the majority of my Villa supporting career. So prepared became a stick to beat us with and an obvious form of endless hilarity for any wit who could be bothered to taunt us with a ..to fail .. to lose from a winning position .. to disappoint yet again. It's a struggle to turn it into any form of positive, and probably one of the most limp and stupid phrases ever to be associated with in sport.

But what could I do except wince whenever I saw it? Designs and concepts do matter.

The " prepared " was in a random shite font which never even matched the rest of the crest either 😂

• Like 1

On 18/10/2023 at 09:43, Tomaszk said:

That is so so bad isn't it.

LONDON :crylaugh:

I remember just after Lerner bought the club that there was some talk circulating that a rebrand of Villa would include more reference to Birmingham and it may be incorporated somehow into our name.  It was quickly dismissed! Would have been a bigger PR disaster than the Leeds bicep badge.

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

I remember just after Lerner bought the club that there was some talk circulating that a rebrand of Villa would include more reference to Birmingham and it may be incorporated somehow into our name.  It was quickly dismissed! Would have been a bigger PR disaster than the Leeds bicep badge.

Wasn't that some silly politician's idea? Don't think it originated from the club or supporters.

35 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Wasn't that some silly politician's idea? Don't think it originated from the club or supporters.

I think so, yeah.  I think even as a brand new American ownership group, Randy and Gen Krulak weren't that naive! 

Solitary lion would look good on a shirt and standout amongst the other badges…

spacer.png

It doesn’t need to be too busy or overly detailed, it will just become more obscured that way.

If the club are insistent on a shield design, then a thin blue line/shape around it would suffice. More text and detail would only obscure and minimise the lion unless it is minimal and small.

Be bold and distinguishable.

Edited by Jas10

Â