Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, allani said:

At the risk of being called a looney, leftie, liberal snowflake - I would hope that the club considers abandoning white shorts pretty quickly especially given how well the women's team are doing at establishing themselves as genuine challengers.  It seems like a very small change that would mean a lot to a sizeable portion of our fanbase / playing personnel.

I dont think its loony, but i dont agree.

I'm not sure why the men's team should have to play in only colours that accommodate a very specifically women's circumstance.

I'd be happy for the men and women to play in claret shorts in any given season, I think claret shorts works nicely, but I wouldn't expect us to abandon white shorts for the men on those grounds.

The shirts are styled differently, the shorts can be too if needed for gender specific reasons

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I dont think its loony, but i dont agree.

I'm not sure why the men's team should have to play in only colours that accommodate a very specifically women's circumstance.

I'd be happy for the men and women to play in claret shorts in any given season, I think claret shorts works nicely, but I wouldn't expect us to abandon white shorts for the men on those grounds.

The shirts are styled differently, the shorts can be too if needed for gender specific reasons

I don't think the men's team should have to do it.  I'm just suggesting that it might feel more inclusive / sensitive / professional if the men and women's kits were as similar as possible and that it would draw less attention to the fact that the women do have to play in a different colour shorts for gender specific reasons.  It just feels like it would be a nice thing to do (or at least consider doing).  And it doesn't prevent us from using white elsewhere within our kit design.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allani said:

I might upset a few here but I do think we need more than just a Villa claret and blue.  We need a shirt design that just says Aston Villa to everyone as soon as they see it.  The current Villa, West Ham and Burnley kits are just way to similar and really don't stand out from each other and (without a second look) are easily confused.  I'd really like us to think about somehow making us different - there are plenty of inspirations from our past that could be used to really give us a more unique "look".  Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Forest all play in red shirts and yet they all look different even out of the corner of your eye.  Changing from claret shirts with blue sleeves might be initially unpopular with some but I do think we need to find a way of making our claret and blue more unique.  We've had some great variations in recent years (that ended up becoming almost iconic shirts) but this year's effort is particularly bland and easy to mistake.

Trabzonspor have had quite a varied kit history of claret and blue shirts …

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/trabzonspor-kits/#2000s

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Trabzonspor have had quite a varied kit history of claret and blue shirts …

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/trabzonspor-kits/#2000s

We've had some corkers ourselves.  

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/aston-villa-kits/#1870s

I quite like the 1874, 1890, 1962, 1969, 1993, 2018 home kits.

I'd love us to do a modern version of the 1879 shirt as an away kit.  A yellow lion on a black kit could look absolutely amazing (but with the lion facing the right way!).  Similarly the 1922, 1957, 1982, 1983, 1997 away shirts are all nice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Thoughts on the new utd 3rd kit badge and what we could learn from it … Here’s the 3 different ones they’ve used recently… 

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_8227.jpeg

IMG_8226.jpeg

That's what our new/current badge was designed to do - a full badge, and one with just the Lion (the "Lion unleashed") - different elements of the badge in different circumstances.

Sadly, that's done - I'm sure it'll be a feature of Heck's badge too though next season.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thabucks said:

Thoughts on the new utd 3rd kit badge and what we could learn from it … Here’s the 3 different ones they’ve used recently… 

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_8227.jpeg

IMG_8226.jpeg

Seeing the devil on it's own makes you realise how stupid it is

It would work for the lion though

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Couldn't post in the Europa Conference League thread as it's been closed for some reason.

Emery has some great standards. He was desperate to not lose that 16 Year record. Great mentality to bring to the club

Interesting that the new background for the presser includes the old badge, and the standalone old lion, but not the new badge or new lion. 

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Interesting that the new background for the presser includes the old badge, and the standalone old lion, but not the new badge or new lion. 

The new badge or lion won’t appear anywhere except the kit if the club have its way. 

• 1 month later...

Would love something like that. Bold, distinctive and would be unique compared to the other badges.

The lion in a simple shield… rather than a round or generic crest/badge like others have… nothing like any other club’s. Would stand out and look distinguished.

To the point and iconic, just get the colours right 😆

Nothing overly fussy or complex.

On a claret shirt… it could just be blue background with gold lion.

On a blue/away shirt, claret background…

A gold lion just looks so good…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Â