Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, villan95 said:

Both badges in the same picture again 😆

FB_IMG_1689801722510.thumb.jpg.7e5b7724c2293cc6498e14deab0ac34f.jpg

Ffs, can barely even see the lion there. Exposes how poorly our badge was designed… poor choice of colour scheme. Background should just have been claret, border blue, lion yellow/gold.

Neither fit the bill really… I don’t get why they flipped the lion on the new one either… who thought that was good idea and would look good?

Can we get a good one next time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Ffs, can barely even see the lion there. Exposes how poorly our badge was designed… poor choice of colour scheme. Background should just have been claret, border blue, lion yellow/gold.

Neither fit the bill really… I don’t get why they flipped the lion on the new one either… who thought that was good idea and would look good?

Can we get a good one next time?

Too slow bro 😘

It doesn't sit well with me that they have tried to rewrite the whole process of 2022 towards a new badge as merely a badge for the kit for one season while we keep the shit old one.

I love everything at the club right now but I really dislike this decision and the way it has been handled. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It doesn't sit well with me that they have tried to rewrite the whole process of 2022 towards a new badge as merely a badge for the kit for one season while we keep the shit old one.

I love everything at the club right now but I really dislike this decision and the way it has been handled. 

Certainly not optimum, but it's not of critical significance to on-field success, so I'm willing to cut Heck some slack and see what develops. Could end up being well worth it.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Both badges in the same picture again 😆

FB_IMG_1689801722510.thumb.jpg.7e5b7724c2293cc6498e14deab0ac34f.jpg

The I’m the happiest to be here award - M. Cash & J. McGinn (shared)

The do I have to have my picture taken? award - B. Kamara

The let me just see if I can nonchalantly get my watch in the photo award - A. Ramsey

The the camera’s over here, Robin award - R. Olsen

The I didn’t get enough sleep on the plane award - L. Digne

The Phil, you really don’t need to put your arm around me award - D. Luiz

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

There is still alot of transition going in since the last guy was sacked and Heck arrived.

I am sure given time it will iron itself out and Heck will have everything under control before too long.

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Certainly not optimum, but it's not of critical significance to on-field success, so I'm willing to cut Heck some slack and see what develops. Could end up being well worth it.

"Could" being the key word. No matter what they dream up it will be divisive. There must be a hundred different opinions in this thread alone. 

Should have been handled differently.  The stand alone lion with Aston Villa from the new badge could have worked on social media and the kit (see liverpool) if they were concerned about how the full badge looked.

Dressing it up as a one season wonder is an insult to the intelligence of everyone who knew the 2022 process was to design a new club badge. A lot of people associate the Lerner badge with a grim period so at the very least it would be nice to see it gone from official premier league stuff. But no.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

I’m going to give the club the benefit of the doubt and assume they can’t just publicly torpedo the badge because of the wrath they might incur from Castore. But they need to sort this shit out as soon as they can. 

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m going to give the club the benefit of the doubt and assume they can’t just publicly torpedo the badge because of the wrath they might incur from Castore. But they need to sort this shit out as soon as they can. 

They won't have been able to torpedo it because it was already on the kit when Heck arrived, that would already have been manufactured - that's the only reason it still exists.

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am sure given time it will iron itself out and Heck will have everything under control before too long.

In fairness, it was under control before he arrived - this isn't an accident or a storm, this is something Heck has chosen to do.

It's a strange approach, hopefully he knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, it was under control before he arrived - this isn't an accident or a storm, this is something Heck has chosen to do.

It's a strange approach, hopefully he knows what he's doing.

I do trust the guy knows what he's doing. If something is going to be done then may aswell be done properly.

He obviously felt very strongly about it to feel the need to do it. It's encouraging to know he isn't doing this on a half arsed approach.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He obviously felt very strongly about it to feel the need to do it.

Yep - and that's the interesting thing - I mean, we've had one of the worlds foremost agencies work through it, support through innumerable focus and consultation groups and then a public survey with over 20,000 votes - all discarded for one man feeling strongly about it. 

I hope he's right in tearing things down and starting again, it kind of puts him in the position that he was in when he arrived at the 76'ers - the 76'ers were broke so he fixed them - but it feels like he's deliberately broken us so that he can get back into the position that he's used to working in. He's like the worlds best firefighter, setting fire to a house so he can show you how good he is.

He's going to have to come up with a hell of a badge to make this mess worth it.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - and that's the interesting thing - I mean, we've had one of the worlds foremost agencies work through it, support through innumerable focus and consultation groups and then a public survey with over 20,000 votes - all discarded for one man feeling strongly about it. 

I hope he's right in tearing things down and starting again, it kind of puts him in the position that he was in when he arrived at the 76'ers - the 76'ers were broke so he fixed them - but it feels like he's deliberately broken us so that he can get back into the position that he's used to working in. He's like the worlds best firefighter, setting fire to a house so he can show you how good he is.

He's going to have to come up with a hell of a badge to make this mess worth it.

This!

• Like 1

Â