F: Valencia a: Sat Aug 5 20:00

Are Valencia showing us how Emeryball gets stopped? Somehow not clicking today. What are they doing differently to us? We don't have the confidence and fluency linking up passes through the midfield.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Are Valencia showing us how Emeryball gets stopped? Somehow not clicking today. What are they doing differently to us?

Valencia aggressively press on the wings and it’s forcing our full backs into playing it back more than starting over 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Wonder if Mings would be more suited to LB than Torres? Didn’t Mings used to play LB when he was younger?

To be fair to him mings is taking up some really good positions both in possession where he's dropping a yard deeper and defending covering left behind torres

Torres at LB is OK but mings at CB has been class so it's trying to average it out

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Are Valencia showing us how Emeryball gets stopped? Somehow not clicking today. What are they doing differently to us?

Apart from the fact that we are 1-0 up and have been almost totally in control in defence? 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not really, there are some quite simple passes going astray that have nothing to do with Valencia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Bailey, really.

Horrible so far. Flatters to deceive and would much rather see any other option there than him. Gutted the Saudi rumours were BS. 

• Like 1

Just now, picicata said:

Bailey doesn't lack talent but sometimes I think he believes he lacks talent

cool, not sure where he hides the talent then.

tbh, without the pace he had before his multiple hamstring injuries, he has little else to offer.

i dont remember the last time i saw him even try to go past a player.

Just now, The_Steve said:

Valencia aggressively press on the wings and it’s forcing our full backs into playing it back more than starting over 

Thanks. I'm not knowledgeable about football to understand what's happening, but this game feels so different. 

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Are Valencia showing us how Emeryball gets stopped? Somehow not clicking today. What are they doing differently to us? We don't have the confidence and fluency linking up passes through the midfield.

Maybe

But at the same time that's when we have a couple of good quality players who can step up and do something, the moment of magic still exists it's just not plan A B and C

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Soon as they sorted the focus out we score. Stupid Villa Tv. 

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Stream quality has now improved. 

Only 4/10 dogs**t now. 

6 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yes

13 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Working again.

Maybe I have been drinking?!?

Â