Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Torres is a guaranteed starter that’s for sure. 

For me, Mings can’t be dropped whatsoever as he’s far too important but Diego Carlos sure won’t be far off him and won’t want another year sitting around. Our strength in the CB positions this season is **** crazy tbh. 

......and the centre back position is of monumental importance to a top team......its largely where a team gets its reputation for being strong from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Wonder if he'll play ahead of a Back 2, like an old fashioned half back? 

Someone described Pep's team the other day, on the radio or something, and while they didn't use the language, it sounded so much like a return to the old school WM formation of the 1920s with halfbacks and inside forwards. Kind of feels like everyone is looking for inspiration throughout history these days.  

Its a mature sport.....its always changing as managers are looking to usurp the opposition.....some of the things, we call new, was played out, years ago.

I think Pau Torres will give UE, opportunities for many options to think about....I can see some wizardry, creeping in, this season.

About 10 seconds before Ornstein announced this, a Baggies supporting former colleague sent me a load of photos of the VP pitch being filled with dirt, and a message that read ‘always said it was a dump’

I replied straight away with the tweet and message saying ‘the big events help pay for the big players mush’ 

Hes not replied bless him 🤣

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

About 10 seconds before Ornstein announced this, a Baggies supporting former colleague sent me a load of photos of the VP pitch being filled with dirt, and a message that read ‘always said it was a dump’

I replied straight away with the tweet and message saying ‘the big events help pay for the big players mush’ 

Hes not replied bless him 🤣

Its called Enterprise, what would a baggies fan know about that.

Pau is a coup, and a player who can raise our profile...............

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The green eyed Monster, will be prowling on the internet tonight.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Entertaining amount of PR going on with fees this summer.

I know you were concerned at how much we would potentially pay for him with 1 year left on his Villarreal deal, are you satisfied with £31.5m?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I don't think Ezri will lose his place, I suspect he will go to RB.

Mostly agreed...probably Mings and Torres at CB, Konsa and Cash competing for RB. Konsa doesn't have the skills to play wingback, but we don't use our RB as a wingback anymore, just the LB. Konsa is probably a better defender than Cash, but Cash has more experience at the position, so it will be interesting to see who wins out. It also could be that Unai wants to use a back 3/5 at times with two wingbacks and they will both be in, i.e. Cash-Konsa-Mings-Torres-Moreno. We know that he's not wedded to one formation.

35 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I know you were concerned at how much we would potentially pay for him with 1 year left on his Villarreal deal, are you satisfied with £31.5m?

Yeah, the £40+ rumours were scaring me to be honest. If £31m is true, that looks an good deal in the stupid world of 2023 footballer prices.

He's a very good footballer who isn't suited to the PL IMO. Fortunately we have manager who can work round that.

Also, it is probably the idea of him in the PL concerning me more than the reality will. Many sides don't 'knock it up to a big man' any more. It could catch him out, but he may deal with it much better than I think. If Lisandro Martinez can deal with it, I think Torres should be able to figure it out.

Anyone from Villarreal, Emery knows so so well. That's what I'm hanging on to. He is putting his name to this saying this is the man we need, he will massively improve us.

Bit like Gerrard with Coutinho I suppose. Emery is 500x the manager of Gerrard so I'm looking forward to seeing what we do.

• Like 1

Â