Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

For UK transfers yeah, fabrizio covers everywhere 

As he's gotten more popular he's gotten a lot worse as people beg him for news he doesn't have sources on so he just spews whatever is trending at the Time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we include Matty cash, does villa have/will have the hottest back line in the premier league 

Only rivalled by the back three partnership of Jay Spearing, Jonjo Shelvey and Gollum.

• Haha 2

Being an optimist I like to think that the reason he hasn't signed yet is because he can't until at least Saturday when the European transfer window opens😀.

Also it makes a lot of sense to let Monchi announce this signing early next week. It will be a good start for him, even if he hasn't been the one doing the preparation for a cracking signing.

Of course it might be that he isn't coming to us, but I'm ignoring that possibility for now and going with the positive 👍.

23 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Being an optimist I like to think that the reason he hasn't signed yet is because he can't until at least Saturday when the European transfer window opens😀.

Tbf judging by Pau's Instagram, it looks like he got married yesterday. So maybe he's been a little preoccupied.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah maybe but it's a speculative thread so there's probably going to be some speculation inside ain't there

and I guess a committed and enthusiastic prospective employer can be a huge attraction......see Boubacar Kamara.

what we don't know is how interested Bayern are?

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf judging by Pau's Instagram, it looks like he got married yesterday. So maybe he's been a little preoccupied.

I've just looked at his instagram, and your reason for him not having signed yet is a lot better than mine, lol. His new wife is both intelligent and breathtakingly attractive. I'll look forward to welcoming them both to the Villa family.

Now I am going to be really disappointed if he doesn't sign for us!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He'll have summat in his hand but it won't be china

you mean a big fat.........signing on fee.

• Haha 1

I keep thinking to myself that if we sign Torres, would Emery move Konsa out to right back/be right back cover etc, but not sure if we'd play 2 left footed CB's together as can't see him coming to sit on the bench. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by LeafyVilla

8 minutes ago, LeafyVilla said:

I keep thinking to myself that if we sign Torres, would Emery move Konsa out to right back/be right back cover etc, but not sure if we'd play 2 left footed CB's together as can't see him coming to sit on the bench. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Which is why I don’t think we will be signing him…. We don’t actually need him! Our CB pairing was brilliant last season and we have Diego fighting it out for a spot. We have positions which are more of a priority, for sure. I’m also not convinced he would come here… 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Going into a potential 60 game season with two first team centre backs, Carlos is still unknown could be stupid. City had the joint best defence in the league last season and are about to sign a 100 million quid centre back. There’s a lot of games to be played. 

Who are they about to sign now?! 
Yea lots of games. Competition for places is always good etc. I still think there are priority positions though, and Torres is going to be £40/50m+? Do we have that much of a budget? Doubt it. 

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Who are they about to sign now?! 
Yea lots of games. Competition for places is always good etc. I still think there are priority positions though, and Torres is going to be £40/50m+? Do we have that much of a budget? Doubt it. 

Gvardiol from liepzig. Even if we sign Torres now it doesn’t mean we aren’t sorting other positions though, it’s going to be a long window 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Gvardiol from liepzig. Even if we sign Torres now it doesn’t mean we aren’t sorting other positions though, it’s going to be a long window 

They are potentially losing Laporte and Walker to be fair, makes sense for them to be looking at CBs.

16 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

It isn't as simply as buying better attackers to get more goals. The build up of play, breaking teams down by keeping possession and working opportunities is much more important than in years gone by.

Signing Torres gives us much better distribution. This is key in a system like ours when we aim to frustrate teams by keeping possession, forcing mistakes and building out from the back. Torres could be one of our most important attacking players, should we sign him.

100% this! Pau Torres is known to be progressive and bring the ball forward as well. Which will in turn hopefully draw opponents out of position towards him and freeing up space in the gaps left for our midfield and attack to exploit.

Â