Europa League Final/FA Cup Final

andykeenan

2 hours ago, El Segundo said:

He is a nob but arresting him for being a nob is up there with arresting the "Not my King" people, it's thought policing.

I don’t agree with the coronation bs and I believe in free speech.

But you can’t shout fire in a crowded theatre and there are laws against hate speech. Calling for the deaths of more people (and the 96 died tragically) based on their allegiance to a football club would be fairly easy to legally define as hate speech.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Giro said:

Inter ain’t doing nothing next week. They still play dzeko ffs. I was playing him on fifa 10 

Dzeko who was forced out of City so has a point to prove

Inter probably won't win but writing them off is stupid. They are a cup team like Sevilla with one of best back lines in Europe

I bet that word removed isn't from Manchester and he's just another one of these glory hunters desperately trying to show how much he loves man utd despite being from kent

I also wouldn't be surprised if a fair few utd fans wanted to give him a slap

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I don’t agree with the coronation bs and I believe in free speech.

But you can’t shout fire in a crowded theatre and there are laws against hate speech. Calling for the deaths of more people (and the 96 died tragically) based on their allegiance to a football club would be fairly easy to legally define as hate speech.

That's the thing, and would need some legal expert to explain.

In free speech, there is a big difference between "death to people" and "kill the people". Ane is an opinion, the other a call to arms.

I don't know what this idiots meant so hard to tell.

Any chance this is another one of those betting company dares? They usually pay people to run onto the pitch and what not, maybe this was an ill advised attempt.

Likely it's just a moron but wouldn't surprise me if he was paid to wear it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Can't find a good video of it but mad end to the Belgian league, antwerp with a 94th minute equaliser to win it

3 different teams were top of the live league table from the 89th minute

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 03/06/2023 at 21:56, Kiwivillan said:

Madness. It's shocking how low the bar is for some arrests in the UK

Not true. The thresholds for legal but harmful speech are incredibly high here. My guess is this falls under the Public Order Act judging by in this case using the wording (the same could be true of you chanted it for example) of the police statement. The test is usually a) intent to cause distress and alarm or threats to others. For b) that those you expose it to feel alarm, fear or distress. Another factor was the public nature of it - therefore maximising the intent to spread fear and distress. He wasn't in his own house or garden hiding away from the public. This has been law since 1994.  The charge of the offence now means the prosecution believe they can get a successful prosecution of the alleged offence. 

It's not a new law either.  People were getting nicked for wearing the infamous Cradle of Filth 'Jesus' T-Shirt back in the 90s.   

• Like 2

Â