The General FFP (Financial Fair Play) Thread

Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

So when are we going to see Man City punished then? 

How it works:

- They are fined and deducted 20 points.

- Further rules put in place after so no other clubs do the same, with the threat of relegation for those who do.

That way they can say they have done their job.

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

How it works:

- They are fined and deducted 20 points.

- Further rules put in place after so no other clubs do the same, with the threat of relegation for those who do.

That way they can say they have done their job.

I sincerely doubt Man City will be deducted 20 points. The authorities won't have the balls. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The league will probably want to strip them of titles but will need a watertight case to see off the appeal. City will kick into the financial long grass as best they can. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'll bet nothing comes of Man City.

Can't damage the premier league brand. I'll be amazed if they get punished properly.

Are City that important to the PL? United, Liverpool, Arsenal and probably even Chelsea have much bigger fan bases. Kicking one of them out would damage the “PL Brand”, kicking City out might sting for a season or two, but they’d quickly be forgotten IMO.

• Like 1

Well, between FFP & VAR the powers that be have truly ruined football. 

I get FFP but you can't have one rule for certain clubs then Man City doing what they like and getting away with it. 

Not surprised Forest have broken it, they signed about 350 players in the last 2 seasons. 

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Are City that important to the PL? United, Liverpool, Arsenal and probably even Chelsea have much bigger fan bases. Kicking one of them out would damage the “PL Brand”, kicking City out might sting for a season or two, but they’d quickly be forgotten IMO.

Having 6/7 titles wiped from history would look dreadful. Its like Lance Armstrong and his Tour de France wins

• Like 1

So still nothing for Man City then.

It's blatantly obvious the premier league want the same 6 teams to win and cannon fodder for them to beat. These rules help keep that. It's nothing to do with protecting teams from going under. That's just the excuse they use.

If we get top 4 this season we will just get picked apart next season and this season will be the only time we do it. The rules make it so.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I sincerely doubt Man City will be deducted 20 points. The authorities won't have the balls. 

What will City do that Everton won’t?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I get FFP but you can't have one rule for certain clubs then Man City doing what they like and getting away with it. 

City are getting charged for things other than FFP breaches going back over a decade. The date for hearing has been set

• Like 2

Thing is, like it's already been alluded to, City will tie it up in knots in the courts and drag it out for years. 

I doubt we will see an outcome either way within the next 5 years at least. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

What will City do that Everton won’t?

City owners could pay an absolutely huge fine of astronomical proportion! Everton couldn't. 

Money talks

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

City owners could pay an absolutely huge fine of astronomical proportion! Everton couldn't. 

Money talks

Juventus were relegated with points deduction. 115 charges will not be a simple fine. It will be points deduction. I'd bet money on it

31 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Money talks

They wouldn’t give one club a points penalty, and another club a financial penalty (especially such a rich club). There would be uproar.

City and Everton’s FFP/PSR breach is not the same. Everton simply spent more than they were allowed to. City were cooking the books to make it look like they could spend more, a far more serious and complex. And City need to be proven guilty, which takes a lot longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

They'll be deducted as many points as possible without it meaning anything 

If they finish 19 points ahead of 5th place they'll be deducted 18 points 

For the PL in an ideal world they finish 2nd but 20+ points off 6th and the PL get that extra CL place (22 points in it last year) then the huge looking punishment actually does sweet **** all

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Juventus were relegated with points deduction. 115 charges will not be a simple fine. It will be points deduction. I'd bet money on it

That was for a criminal charge, several people also went to prison, it goes above football 

Man City have not been charged with fraud, they've cheated but they've not broken the law 

Â