Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

8 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

We got this! No pressure for Europe, players know only two more games to go and one result gets us there. We’ll be up and about and on our game in a few hours I have no doubt at all. If the defence holds firm and is on then we have the firepower to hurt Pool. 
I think we’ll clinch it tonight, actually really confident we will. 

I think we'll either put in a performance like the City win and two Arsenal wins, or it'll be like Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs games. We wither put in a performance of the season, or will be tanked, there will be no inbetween

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think we'll either put in a performance like the City win and two Arsenal wins, or it'll be like Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs games. We wither put in a performance of the season, or will be tanked, there will be no inbetween

For sure. Hope Emery has told them to leave everything on the pitch for this one and then we can relax and enjoy the last game

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The latter could happen yes but I really don’t think so. Euro commitments out of the way and a chance to clinch CL will be enough for a solid performance. I think we’ll see a Arsenalesque performance by the boys tonight. Bookmark it!!

I am hoping that we can pull out a performance like we did at Arsenal away or Man City at home earlier in the season and that in the process Ollie can bag his 20th Premier League goal finally breaking that barrier that seems to curse our best forwards. Then we can all clink Champagne glasses and smoke Cigars while we put our worrying heads to one side for the final game of the season. 🙏🤞😀

• Like 1

Gonna be tough tonight. I just pray Tielemans is back. Biggest factor for me is fatigue, we look absolutely knackered in the last 20 minutes of games, to the point it looks like we've almost given up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobs said:

It’s bad how I’m more nervous for tomorrow than tonight 

No use being nervous for tomorrow until you see the result tonight my friend. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This Spurs side is not getting anything out of Man City with Oliver Skipp at Left Back.

They've just lost 4 in a row followed by a 2-1 win at home to relegated Burnley. Its over.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

This Spurs side is not getting anything out of Man City with Oliver Skipp at Left Back.

They've just lost 4 in a row followed by a 2-1 win at home to relegated Burnley. Its over.

Can you imagine Skipp Defending Doku hahahhaha

He’ll have two yellows within 10 mins. The difference in their squads is mind blowing. I don’t think there’s one Spuds player that even makes the City bench let alone the starting lineup. Maybe Van de Ven

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

After Thursday everything points to a comfortable defeat tonight.

But pointed to a comfortable defeat against Arsenal.

Emery can pull it out of the bag at crucial times. We've got a chance tonight

It's a really difficult one to predict. How motivated will Liverpool be to win? If it's a draw coming into final 20 mins is there a big motivation to win when it's irrelevant to them.

It could be we are happy to take the point and not risk losing and they are not much bothered with their big game being Klopp send off next Sunday.

Then you have how we can perform. Who is fit and back? Tielemans and Zaniolo? How will our last home game in the evening kick off motivate and help the players? 

So many factors. We are capable of big performances. 

56 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We've had an extra day to recover at least, indeed 30 more hours than the usual Sunday 2pm kick off.

Atmospheric crowd and generally teams know they have to get up for these games otherwise it risks a 3 or 4 nil loss.

If with all that we come out and play completely lifeless then we will know for certain the key players have nothing left in the tank for the season.

To make myself feel better,  I look at this like a 2 leg playoff, we played first leg at home & another team B( quite a decent and motivated side I must admit  ) play on our behalf for the second leg tmr… as long as we win one leg, we are in CL

if we lose both legs, there's still a last day survival shoot out against Palace.. Can't ask for anymore really 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nabby said:

City not going to be taking it easy tomorrow then 

City will be gunning for the win 100% - they won’t let up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

City will be gunning for the win 100% - they won’t let up 

The bookies have given us more chance getting a result v Liverpool than they have Spurs getting a result v City.  I'm not sure why people are worried in all honesty, City are on a title charge, anything other than a definitive City win would be considered a freak result.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RichW said:

If you could pick any team in the Premier League and probably Europe to do you a favour it's Man City. Hopefully won't come to it but it's a pretty good back-up option. 

I agree, particularity as a win does themselves a very big favour too. Last night's game was a great result for us, it means that Citeh have to go all out for a win tomorrow, to keep the title race in their own hands on the last day.  

That said, I would love us to do it tonight, if not, we will just have to wait another 24 hours. 🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The bookies have given us more chance getting a result v Liverpool than they have Spurs getting a result v City.  I'm not sure why people are worried in all honesty, City are on a title charge, anything other than a definitive City win would be considered a freak result.  

I think people are either overthinking it or worrying too much, I get it. I’m however incredibly relaxed about today and tomorrow. We can get a result today. I’m fully confident City will steamroll Spurs regardless of today. 

• Like 2