Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

8 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You might want to check the table. This makes no sense. City are 2 points behind Arsenal.

It is genuinely amazing people posting all these doomsday predictions....and they don't even know how many points these teams have in the actual table!

There was someone on this thread the other day being very negative about our prospects and they were actually unaware that Spurs can't catch us if they lose to Man. City, thought the six points from Sheffield United and Burnley would be enough to catch us if we lost our last two.

With so few games left now it's not that hard to be on top of the brief for all the teams run ins and who needs what.

In that scenario aswell, Man. City win at Arsenal don't then Man. City can win the title at Spurs. I can think of no reason why they wouldn't want to wrap it up there as then they can rest players on the final day to keep them fresh for the cup final.

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Spurs are at home that's the only worry for me where City have a shocking record.

They did beat them in the FA cup this season. Scored from a corner with Vicario flapping and they'll be getting plenty more in the league game.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Build a strong squad with Champions league money  and then get some luck with injuries, we could challenge for the title in a couple of seasons once City have been relegated. 

I think if Emery is here another five years we'll get plenty more opportunities to win cups. It will be disappointing to fall short in the Europa given the heroics against Lille but you'd like to think in 18 months our squad will be strong enough that we just don't chuck the league cup in September like we did this season.

No replays in FA cup aswell now from round 3 so that should give more incentive given it will all be settled on the day.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They did beat them in the FA cup this season. Scored from a corner with Vicario flapping and they'll be getting plenty more in the league game.

One of the reasons that I'm more confident about City winning this game is that this is a Spurs team playing all out attacking football... I'm hoping that City pick them off at will...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Spurs are at home that's the only worry for me where City have a shocking record.

What's the point of referencing City record away to Spurs beyond Angeball without Kane? That's like saying our form away to London clubs is terrible including years of data before Emery took over

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

A game where Spurs had one shot the entire match.

I’ve never been more confident of a result, that of City beating Spurs next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's the point of referencing City record away to Spurs beyond Angeball without Kane? That's like saying our form away to London clubs is terrible including years of data before Emery took over

Or that we still lost twice to the worst Utd team in history even though we are miles better?  Some teams just have a hoodoo over others.

I expect City to destroy them don't get me wrong but that record is my one little concern.

I think we just need to concentrate on Thursday that's all that matters at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A game where Spurs had one shot the entire match.

I’ve never been more confident of a result, that of City beating Spurs next week.

Yes. From what I remember Man. City (with a mix and match team) were fully in control and Spurs didn't threaten at all. Haaland and De Bruyne didn't start that game.

Bit nerve jangling if waiting until 88th minute for them to score as happened that night.

Edited by VillaChris

Been away, literally first bet for a week, a horse called Pozo EMERY (for the name only) and it won, £80.

Lumped it straight on Spurs to get top 4 (now 11/1 Skybet).

So this now OFFICIALLY means, we are getting Champions League football, my pleasure 🏆😊

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Been away, literally first bet for a week, a horse called Pozo EMERY (for the name only) and it won, £80.

Lumped it straight on Spurs to get top 4 (now 11/1 Skybet).

So this now OFFICIALLY means, we are getting Champions League football, my pleasure 🏆😊

The fact this is seen as an achievement greatly concerns me.

• Haha 2

This thread has been mental recently. Obviously All of us want to win the first trophy in many people's lifetimes. And also all of us want to be playing in the top competition next season. 

There's no choice. It's not down to us. 

The cup might happen. The Champions league might happen. Maybe, just maybe both will. Or neither. F all we can do about it. Just enjoy the end of the best season in 30odd years and wash the sand out of yer fannies. 

• Like 1

Question for all you betting fans with regards to the next few games...

If Spurs to finish top 4 are paying 16/1 can I include that in a multi which includes the events that make this happen?

e.g. Spurs top 4 and Spurs beat Burnley and Spurs +1 v Man City

16/1                 6/5                    4/11          

• Like 1

Just now, ben1505 said:

If Spurs to finish top 4 are paying 16/1 can I include that in a multi which includes the events that make this happen?

I was thinking this. Not sure if you can combine them finishing top 4 with the individual games too. 

Just now, turvontour said:

I was thinking this. Not sure if you can combine them finishing top 4 with the individual games too. 

May as well include us losing/drawing v Liverpool 29/40 too

11 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Selections that are considered to have a related outcome cannot be included in a multi bet. That's always been the way as far as I know in more than one country. I even stole the text above from TAB site

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Selections that are considered to have a related outcome cannot be included in a multi bet. That's always been the way as far as I know in more than one country. I even stole the text above from TAB site

Yes, I suspected as much....

14 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

That would be a related bet, which wouldn’t normally be accepted. 

• Like 1