Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

13 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Here's hoping that they play angeball against Man City next week

Ange is too stubborn to change how he’s been playing all season just for 1 game I think Benny. 
if  there’s one team that rips open a high press it’s City. They’re not dropping the title at Spuds home and I’ll be surprised if they’re closer than 3 goals tbh. 
understand everyone’s hesitation and fear but if there’s one team you’re relying on to get you over the line it’s City. That’s not even taking into account that their 4 peat relies on it. 
we got this. 

• Like 1

I know we are in a good position to fight for the top four. We can decide that ourselves, or that Tottenham lose one out of three games. Good possibility of them losing against City.

But imagine if the game against City was this week here, and Tottenham won that game. Then my nerves would be reasonably frayed. With two easy games left for Tottenham, it would be decisive but a win in one of our last games. Think this shows how incredibly dependent we are on a win or at least a draw, for Manchester City. As I don't want to go into the last game knowing that we have to beat one of the form teams away from home.

51 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

This is why I said it’s imperative that Arse beats Manure first to put the acid on City. If Arse stumble against Manure it’s title gone before they play Spuds. Hopefully Peps and Emery’s friendship helps him in persuading Pep to go for the jugular hahaha

This makes no sense. If Arsenal lose Sunday and City have already won, City are 2 points ahead. Beat Spurs and they win the league. By your logic they would for some reason take it easy?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Liverpool had 25 shots against Spurs in their game... I hope that they give City the same number of opportunities...

Chelsea had 16 shots. Arsenal 9. Newcastle 18. Forest had 13 shots despite losing 3-1. Even in our 4-0 loss, we had more shots - just terrible at finishing with only one on target whereas Spurs scored four of their five shots on target. The last game Spurs conceded under 5 shots was their 3-1 win against Palace on 2 March. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Chelsea had 16 shots. Arsenal 9. Newcastle 18. Forest had 13 shots despite losing 3-1. Even in our 4-0 loss, we had more shots - just terrible at finishing with only one on target whereas Spurs scored four of their five shots on target. The last game Spurs conceded under 5 shots was their 3-1 win against Palace on 2 March. 

So that suggests Palace are shit and we'll get the needed 3 points from them. Excellent 👌

9 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

So that suggests Palace are shit and we'll get the needed 3 points from them. Excellent 👌

That's all i needed to hear.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And in that forest game if Wood doesn't hit the bar from a  yard out and they go 2-1 up it could have been totally different too

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

This makes no sense. If Arsenal lose Sunday and City have already won, City are 2 points ahead. Beat Spurs and they win the league. By your logic they would for some reason take it easy?

City has a game in hand. There’s only a +6 goal difference. Hypothetically speaking city pump Fulham 4 nil, Arse lose 1 nil to city  that total is gone with City only needing a draw against Spuds to be even on points and only a goal behind. Could back themselves to swing that goal by beating Spam. 
TBF I still think that City will terrorise Spuds but it makes sense 

1 minute ago, cb_82 said:

And in that forest game if Wood doesn't hit the bar from a  yard out and they go 2-1 up it could have been totally different too

Miss of the season next to Salah’s miss also against Spurs 

I have a sneaky suspicion that we'll get a result against Plop.. I think their players may well assume with our injuries and having to play a Semi-Final that we'll be an easy game.

• Like 1

Naturally nerves are kicking in we’ve been here before and lost out.

Look back at the early nineties title challenges.

To me it felt like we were there all the way till the end but records show we lost it in the last 4 games both times.

This can and does happen I’m not suprised the players and fans seem to be wobbling.

Ill pin my hopes on Unai being the difference UTV

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

i really can't see them beating Citeh and I would be shocked if they even got a point. 

Hi John,

Many people are saying the above but Spurs against the odds have done really well againgst Citeh at WHL in recent years. I am nowhere near as confident as most that Citeh will beat them.

I seriously think we need another win! 

I really hope not Mike! 🤞Manchester City had a good record at Villa Park, until this season:cheers: and fortunately they can't afford not to win the game themselves. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

City has a game in hand. There’s only a +6 goal difference. Hypothetically speaking city pump Fulham 4 nil, Arse lose 1 nil to city  that total is gone with City only needing a draw against Spuds to be even on points and only a goal behind. Could back themselves to swing that goal by beating Spam. 

You might want to check the table. This makes no sense. City are 2 points behind Arsenal.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You might want to check the table. This makes no sense. City are 2 points behind Arsenal.

You on the piss Doggy lol

city are 1 point below Arse. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I just think Spurs will get a point at city.

Spurs are at home that's the only worry for me where City have a shocking record.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I assume you meant United?  Arsenal will destroy them.

Just now, CroVillan said:

You on the piss Doggy lol

city are 1 point below Arse. 

Apologies for the typo, but you talking about goal difference, going level etc is wrong.

On Saturday City win, they go 2 points ahead of Arsenal. On Sunday Arsenal lose.

City go into the Spurs game with the chance to win the title by going 5 points ahead with one game remaining the following weekend.

Spurs had 5 tough games in Newcastle, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool an City (to play). I was going to be surprised if they lost all 5.... so I think they'll get something from City... I'm hoping that they drop points to Burnley...

• Like 1