Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

West Ham can no longer catch us, what a relief. now United, Chelsea and Newcastle win every game they can catch us though 2 of them play each other

so we might have 7th wrapped up at least

Just now, Keyblade said:

So as it stands, Spurs need to beat both Arsenal and Chelsea just to go level on points with us. Let's just say I wouldn't want to be them right now.

Spurs dont play again until Sunday, so gap could even be 9 points

• Like 1

Monumental result after Thursday.

Means that one of Newcastle and Man Utd can't catch us (as they've got to play each other) and the other would have to win all 6 of their games and hope we don't win another one. West Ham can't catch us.

More importantly, we're 6 points ahead of Spurs - they've got to win their 2 games in hand by 6 goals to go ahove us.

So close...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

So as it stands, Spurs need to beat both Arsenal and Chelsea just to go level on points with us. Let's just say I wouldn't want to be them right now.

And overturn our 5 goal difference 

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

6 points and we didn't even have Douglas Luiz...

🤣

Strangely, our two most recent PL performances without him have been a couple of our best.

Happy for him to get the rest.

This just shows how far the group has come as a unit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Spurs manage to beat Burnley and SheffieldU, then they would have the same number of points as us.

But then Spurs need to match the number of points we get from Chelsea, Brighton, Liverpool and Crystal Palace in their games against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and ManC.

In my mind we have the advantage here, I can’t really see Spurs getting to 70 points, while I sort of expect us to manage to get 70+ points.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

To end match week 34 with a 6 point gap and 16 point gap over Spurs and Newcastle respectively in 4th is remarkable. Especially with our injuries. I would not have imagined this as we kicked the season off. 

We actually could have won the league this year if we had avoided injuries.

So proud of the team and manager

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1