Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, grobs said:

I think it will all hinge on the Bournemouth game. If we don’t win we will finish 6th if we do we will finish 5th 

We ain't dropping below United mate, unless we don't win any of the 6 left, an then we'll need a United turn around.

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I swear people are ignoring it or think Spurs are way better than they are. 

I think Spurs have the upper hand at this moment in time. 

The run of arsenal city chelsea liverpool in 12 days will not be 0 points. They'll get something from those games

• Like 2

It's our first season in Europe, we're in a quarterfinal, and we're 4th (call it 5th I don't give a toss).

I'm disappointed we aren't 5 points clear in 4th also. But to have IMPROVED our league position over last year, with more games, and these injuries?

It is okay to mix frustration with perspective. It won't blow your aorta into pieces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Anyone that thinks Manure will/can finish above us is **** delusional

Lose tomorrow then I just can't see how they come back from that. Liverpool have to win tomorrow. 

Win tomorow and they will probs best Sheffield United and then are effectively 7 points behind us. They've then still got Newcastle a, Arsenal h, Palace a, Bournemouth a, Burnley h and Brighton a. I just dont see it. At worst we get 1ppg from now until the end of the season. They are not getting 19 points from those 8 games. 

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The run of arsenal city chelsea liverpool in 12 days will not be 0 points. They'll get something from those games

They play better against those kind of teams. I can see them getting 5/6 points from those 4 games. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Anyone that thinks Manure will/can finish above us is **** delusional

Whilst the likelihood of them finishing above us is low, when you say “anyone that thinks Man U CAN finish above us…” there is a little thing called ‘Maths’ which tells us that actually, they CAN indeed do it… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobs said:

I think it will all hinge on the Bournemouth game. If we don’t win we will finish 6th if we do we will finish 5th 

Man Utd literally have to win 4 of their 8 games to get to the same points total we have now (60 points) and they’d still be below us on goal difference.  

They start the first of those games against Liverpool tomo…most of their defenders are out injured and they have only won two of their last six league games.  

Man Utd may not even get 60 points this season and that’s before us talking about any points we get additionally in our last six games which certainly won’t be zero.

We won’t be dropping to 6th.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Man Utd literally have to win 4 of their 8 games to get to the same points total we have now (60 points) and they’d still be below us on goal difference.  

They start the first of those games against Liverpool tomo…most of their defenders are out injured and they have only won two of their last six league games.  

Man Utd may not even get 60 points this season and that’s before us talking about any points we get additionally in our last six games which certainly won’t be zero.

We won’t be dropping to 6th.

Teams are largely their record at this point. You can expect a wrinkle or two, but United aren't putting it together over the next 6 weeks. If it ain't together now, it won't get together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Whilst the likelihood of them finishing above us is low, when you say “anyone that thinks Man U CAN finish above us…” there is a little thing called ‘Maths’ which tells us that actually, they CAN indeed do it… 

We can also still win the league then! Mathematically it’s possible but it’s also very very unlikely as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We can also still win the league then! Mathematically it’s possible but it’s also very very unlikely as well.

Correct! I’m against calling people ‘delusional’ for thinking it CAN happen though. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I bet if we had that run people would say no points

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

Teams are largely their record at this point. You can expect a wrinkle or two, but United aren't putting it together over the next 6 weeks. If it ain't together now, it won't get together.

They are conceding over 20 chances per game, have the highest shots against since the new year.  They now have most of their defence out.  Their target is more to keep hold of sixth place because Newcastle and West Ham are very close to them.  They are more likely to be eighth than a close sixth behind us.

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Correct! I’m against calling people ‘delusional’ for thinking it CAN happen though. 

But it is delusional…mathematically we can still win the league but it’s probably 0.01% or less. Thinking that or putting argument or comment around it is delusional as is Man Utd.

19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

They have the advantage now, it’s in their hands. And if they finish 4 they’ll deserve it, and if we’re 5th then so be it. Something tells me there will be some twists and turns before the seasons over.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

They can....only somebody who never watched football or is a wind up merchant thinks they will

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If they've watched Manure more than a few times this season then maths doesn't come into it and they're delusional

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

They have the advantage now, it’s in their hands. And if they finish 4 they’ll deserve it, and if we’re 5th then so be it. Something tells me there will be some twists and turns before the seasons over.

Spurs also finished 4th multiple times and won nothing and the all time scorer left to win trophies. Shows 4th doesnt really mean that much unless aim to win Champions League

Just now, Zatman said:

Spurs also finished 4th multiple times and won nothing and the all time scorer left to win trophies. Shows 4th doesnt really mean that much unless aim to win Champions League

For sure. If you offered me 5th and ECL win over 4th and no ECL, I’d take 5th.