Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I'm honest... Seeing the run in like that has only put more doubt in my mind.

That's a pretty brutal run in for us given the circumstances 🤦🏾‍♂️

The likes of Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth, Brighton and recently Palace aren't walkovers either.

O'Neill has had Wolves in particular quietly picking up points and climbing the table.

If we play like we did today I can't see us picking up more than 8-9 points from that.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They wont match us with 10 games to go, it's all still to.play for. They drew against Everton and lost against Wolves. In reality, they are as random as we are.

Yeah we’ve still got a decent chance

• Like 1

We just need to calm down. It’s still advantage to us with a lot of football left to be played. Angeball could easily see their goal difference take a battering in that tough run of games they have.

There will be more ups and downs in this run in. I can see McGinn coming back from his suspension like a man possessed.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They just beat us 4-0 at Villa Park.  They have everyone back now. There is no way they are throwing away 4th. We need to get 5th.

If I were to bet I'd bet on Spurs getting 4th and not us but don't know why you're so certain they're "not throwing away 4th" (how can they throw it away when they don't even have it yet?). The scoreline today doesn't really tell the full story and of course, we literally beat Spurs in their own ground a few months ago and could easily finish below them.

We have been punching above our weight all season, we just aren't a top 4 side. Our first choice 11 when all fit and on form is close to being one, but as soon as we have to dig into the rest of the squad we become a mid table side. 

Our whole season hinged on Luiz and Kamara being available every game, and Watkins not getting injured

I truly think we will finish 6th. And for me, although disappointing when thinking of what might have been, that's still progress and a brilliant season IMO. To be cemented in as a top 6 side in such a short span of time is amazing and we should be proud and happy with that.

We desperately need another quality option in CM, and i don't know why we have neglected it and are buying 20m wide men from the championship, especially so if we are going to be really restricted in the summer due to FFP

I'm still really positive, but we are a top half side, not a top 4 side, and we have a lot more work to do. If we had Mings, Kamara and Ramsey available for most of the season i think we would have pulled off the impossible. We just arent able to replace them.

We had one player in the squad who Emery could have turned into a useful back up for Luiz and Kamara, and that's Sanson. I might be way off the mark, but i think Emery could have moulded him into something levels above our other midfield options after Kamara and Luiz

My biggest disappointment is our mentality, every time we play under pressure or have what's deemed a must win game to take a step forward, we seemingly bottle it.

1 minute ago, useless said:

We only have two less points now than Leicester had after 28 games the season they won the league

Shame we can’t morph into that league. It’s a useless stat…

• Confused 1

Just now, useless said:

It's not a useless stat, it shows how well we're doing

I’m only messing. We all know we are doing well. We just need to stay there 

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

It’s just frustrating that everyone, media wise keep dismissing us and we’re proving them right. 

I mean, pretty sure many in the media were dismissing us as even top 4 contenders after we lost 5-1 to Newcastle on the opening day so not sure we're proving them right.

I think we could have got top four but the Kamara injury and then the loss of McGinn is too much for our squad to cope with.

I don't think we'll get 4th but should obviously give it our best shot.

If not then 5th place is possible and hopefully we set up to get the points we need.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

1 minute ago, useless said:

It's not a useless stat, it shows how well we're doing

Yes just don't want us to throw it all away in the final 10 games