Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, CVByrne said:

I kept positive up to this point during the bad run. Felt tonight we just had to avoid defeat. If they could manage that then we could do it.

They failed. So the CL chance as gone now. Clinging on just extends the pain and misery as each defeat and draw slides us down

Has the cl chance still gone if we win the next 3 and are back in 4th?

Some serious pant wetting going on in here today. I hope the players are not as ready to throw in the towel as some of our fans are. We are still well ahead of the chasing pack and we’re much better than Utd today. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What's your point? It's still in our hands as things stand, and we've shown that we can also go on a winning run.

Ah, but, you see, you forgot to consider that we're not going to go on a winning run for the rest of the season. It's just a collapse from here on out (supposedly).

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

What's your point? It's still in our hands as things stand, and we've shown that we can also go on a winning run.

Not in the last two months we haven’t. I wouldn’t call one win a ‘winning run’

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Are we gonna give up then?

What a loser and stinky attitude.

I'd rather keep fighting and keep showing aggressive support to the boys and Unai.

Emery will sort it out. We didn't play badly btw

Played well, better than for a few games and still lost to a dreadful United. 

We’ve been on the ropes for months and the new year has battered us. Nothing loser or stinky about it, it’s just facts. 

I hope we can get it sorted but it’s not looking good right now. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

And we never will. 

Why do you bother? You have an awful defeatist attitude and if the fans in the stadium acted like you we won't get anywhere. We will lose games thats part of football, but we will win too.

We're 5th - 5 points clear of Utd and they are not a better side than us. UTV

Just now, LondonLax said:

The big six experience can’t be repeated unfortunately. When the Premier League became a global commodity they were the 6 teams that locked in the rewards. There were teams in Italy and Spain also making the Champions League but it doesn’t matter. It’s nothing to do with the U.K. TV channel Sky either. It’s about the Premier League being a world wide event end those 6 teams are the face of it. 

I get all that, I do. Really. But are you saying that we can catch the clubs above us by not being in the CL? Or that we will never catch them. Ever. Which of those is your point?

The worst problem we have right is teams coming to VP are going to more than fancy their chances now whereas before they were scared of the onslaught that was about to come.

I can see this getting worse before it gets better.

Just now, M_Afro said:

Some serious pant wetting going on in here today. I hope the players are not as ready to throw in the towel as some of our fans are. We are still well ahead of the chasing pack and we’re much better than Utd today. 

The only reason were ahead of the chasing pack is because of our pre christmas form.

We have looked a shadow of that ever since and choked hard.

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I get all that, I do. Really. But are you saying that we can catch the clubs above us by not being in the CL? Or that we will never catch them. Ever. Which of those is your point?

The second one. 

Just now, Farlz said:

Played well, better than for a few games and still lost to a dreadful United. 

We’ve been on the ropes for months and the new year has battered us. Nothing loser or stinky about it, it’s just facts. 

I hope we can get it sorted but it’s not looking good right now. 

It doesn't help to be negative.

This fanbase have to change this loser mentality.

It's everything to play for still. Beyond me how fans can just give up now when we have 3 favorable games coming up

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

They have thrown in the towel over a month ago

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That’s true, but hand on heart do we look like doing it at the moment? 

Hand on heart I honestly don't know. On the one hand we have been poorer these past couple of months and lost games we should've won, but on the other hand, we actually did play very well tonight and have key players coming back from injury soon.

I wouldn't be comfortable putting any kind of major money on it. It's such a tough one to predict, and that's why the "it's already over" bedwetting nonsense posts are so pathetic.

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Not in the last two months we haven’t. I wouldn’t call one win a ‘winning run’

I didn't realise the season began two months ago.

The chance for CL clearly hasn’t gone but we’ve made things a lot more difficult. Spurs will probably have a better chance of 4th and United just somehow keep getting results. 

It’s not being all doom and gloom I’m just not being delusional. We’re in a rut right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Man Utd first away win against top 9 oppo under Ten Hag. Hojlund first goal PL ? 

Well done Aston Villa. 

And they didn't deserve it

That's football sometimes