Marco Asensio

wishywashy

Even if we had champions league - a player of this experience in the prime of his career is not going backwards for anybody's project, why on earth would he do something so risky? If he does eventually turn up then he'll be a rare player indeed.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Both PSG and Real can guarantee Champions League football, and getting far in those competitions.

Villa can make no such guarantee, in fact finishing in top 6 next year would be seen as a success. 

Yes but if his quotes are true then his priority is playing and being a prominent player otherwise he may as well stay at Madrid who are everything PSG are and more, in a better league and more chance of winning the Champions League and same game time.  If he’s leaving Madrid for reasons then surely it’s to something different and not to the same situation in a lesser league like PSG.  It makes no sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Even if we had champions league - a player of this experience in the prime of his career is not going backwards for anybody's project, why on earth would he do something so risky? If he does eventually turn up then he'll be a rare player indeed.

So why not stay at Madrid who are a better version of PSG?  That’s going backwards isn’t it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

D6C75CB5-1468-4335-9A64-65FF1B60BF83.thumb.jpeg.c10aca15f083ddf44d49069f7e12cf14.jpeg

Erm… I’m going to go out on a limb here lads and guess she’s more of a Paris girl.

Nonsense. Can easily see her shopping up and down the Alum Rock road before dinner for two at the Khyber Pass.

this is the same guy who on El Chiringuito said that Asensio is close to us. Now I’m not sure if the journalist or that outlet are super reliable, they seem a bit of a meme outlet at times. I think during the Mbappe saga they were 100% percent banking on Mbappe choosing Madrid over PSG. Who knows at this point. 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So why not stay at Madrid who are a better version of PSG?  That’s going backwards isn’t it.

Saw an Interview by one of the Villa Podcasters with a Spanish Correspondent / Real Madrid fan.

He seems to intimate that Asensio wants to be somewhere he's loved and appreciated etc.

The fact that he's technically " won everything " might actually be a plus for us, as that's not necessarily what it's all about for him anymore.

He isn't quite " elite " but maybe the level under or slightly under that, defo the types of player which would be massive and important for us.

Some of these other clubs are almost like shell institutions IMO.

Hopefully Mbappe doesn't like him, as he pretty much runs PSG lol

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We may have the best deal on the table, but it not being signed suggests he’s waiting for better from someone else. 

So I’m suspecting that he’s not particularly interested in joining us, we are just the back up 

I think it's more likely that he is waiting till the end of the Spanish season. They've still got the final weekend to come.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

D6C75CB5-1468-4335-9A64-65FF1B60BF83.thumb.jpeg.c10aca15f083ddf44d49069f7e12cf14.jpeg

Erm… I’m going to go out on a limb here lads and guess she’s more of a Paris girl.

Imagine the interior design she would add to a detached house in area. They will be dubbing the town as Sutton goldfield 

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Staying at Madrid is going backwards? I admire the hope, but this guy is going to go for money AND playing time AND chance of the biggest prize. That won't be us.

10 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Yet these picked little Birmingham… 

IMG_1669.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Staying at Madrid is going backwards? I admire the hope, but this guy is going to go for money AND playing time AND chance of the biggest prize. That won't be us.

No! Going to PSG is a backwards step compared to signing a new contract at Madrid.

Normally I’d agree with your second part but the quotes attributed to him suggests he wants to be the main man and be appreciated.  If he wanted what you are saying, why would he not stay at Madrid which has more chance of the biggest prize and he gets good game time there already?

16 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Largest Primark in the world.

I'm just leaving that out there.

• Haha 1

Â