Malta v England/England v North Macedonia

WallisFrizz

48 minutes ago, jayEm said:

I've not watched the matches but checked the lineups thinking surely Maguire can't be starting, and been sorely disappointed each time

Has he done anything to justify Southgate sticking with him over, say, someone who has had a decent season?

He was fine in the World cup so basically Southgate is just picking him until he makes a Sevilla type own goal/error for England.

Beyond him the CB options just aren't that good really although ironically Mings is playing far better now than the run of starts he had in 19/20.

I can't see though how Southgate can keep justifying it though if he sticks around on the Man. United subs bench, don't get his logic there.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was fine in the World cup so basically Southgate is just picking him until he makes a Sevilla type own goal/error for England.

Beyond him the CB options just aren't that good really although ironically Mings is playing far better now than the run of starts he had in 19/20.

I can't see though how Southgate can keep justifying it though if he sticks around on the Man. United subs bench, don't get his logic there.

Never let Southgate down zzzzzzzzz

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Never let Southgate down zzzzzzzzz

Neither has Mings yet somehow he was left out the entire squad for the World Cup. 

Can't wait for him to get sacked. He couldn't even have a joke about the fact the City players had been drinking after winning the treble.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jayEm said:

I've not watched the matches but checked the lineups thinking surely Maguire can't be starting, and been sorely disappointed each time

Has he done anything to justify Southgate sticking with him over, say, someone who has had a decent season?

Had a great tournament in 2018

"never let England down"

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It was, shame he bottled it at Arsenal, was so poor, when they needed him most.

Or a shame that he was overplayed because arsenal only really have him and odegaard meaning he started 56 games whereas man City had grealish, silva, foden and mahrez starting 30 games each...

But yeah "bottled it"

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or a shame that he was overplayed because arsenal only really have him and odegaard meaning he started 56 games whereas man City had grealish, silva, foden and mahrez starting 30 games each...

But yeah "bottled it"

Amazing what a couple of weeks off does then with limited training.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Amazing what a couple of weeks off does then with limited training.

Going OT here

Arsenal didn't lose the league because they bottled it and we should all laugh at arsenal

Man City won the league because they have cheated and bought themselves a £2bn squad with an insane amount fo depth meaning that come the end of thr season they are in a better position than everyone else in europe enabling them to piss the treble and they should be heavily criticised for it

The celebration of arsenal failing is not a good thing

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

Going OT here

Arsenal didn't lose the league because they bottled it and we should all laugh at arsenal

Man City won the league because they have cheated and bought themselves a £2bn squad with an insane amount fo depth meaning that come the end of thr season they are in a better position than everyone else in europe enabling them to piss the treble and they should be heavily criticised for it

Logically I agree with you 100%.

It was **** funny though.

• Like 1

Going back to Saka...

He'll have played 60 games this year with England internationals too, grealish and foden will be around 40-45 at a guess

Saka started last night and played really well, foden and Grealish didn't start because they were pissed last week

And somehow this is spun in to a way of knocking saka? Bizarre

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going OT here

It was there's to win, so they certainly didn't help themselves.  😂

I'll remember your defence of Arsenal next time Saka dives and beats us by a penalty.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'll remember your defence of Arsenal next time Saka dives and beats us by a penalty.

This is as bizarre as your diatribe against anyone being pleased for Brighton.

You don't have to be 100% against someone at all times or 100% behind someone at all times. Most people are capable of a more nuanced view of someone's specific actions at any one given time in the current context.

@villa4europe doesn't need me to speak for him, but the idea you can't appreciate another player's superb ability while also being angry if they cheat against our team is just stupid.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It was there's to win, so they certainly didn't help themselves.  😂

I'll remember your criticism of him when man City buy him for £120m and he becomes a world beater 😉

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes. They did.

No

They set a record starting pace that they couldnt maintain because their squad didn't have enough depth, they overplayed saka, they lost saliba and replaced him with holding

Man City lose laporte and they bring in akanji or Ake, they lose foden they bring in mahrez or the argie kid

Man City won the league because they have a better squad and they have a better a squad because it cost more than double arsenal's

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No

They set a record starting pace that they couldnt maintain because their squad didn't have enough depth, they overplayed saka, they lost saliba and replaced him with holding

Man City lose laporte and they bring in akanji or Ake, they lose foden they bring in mahrez or the argie kid

Man City won the league because they have a better squad and they have a better a squad because it cost more than double arsenal's

Can we just say they bottled it?

* I agree with you, but the bottle narrative is funnier. In fact, let's say they Spursed it. 

• Like 1

It's depressing seeing England do so well without any Villa players involved, hence why I don't tend to watch.

Nevertheless, I do like TAA in midfield with Rice and with Bellingham in there that would be really strong (with JJ an option as super sub if Southgate ever calls him up), we've also got an amazing front three with options off the bench. 

But the reason Southgate is such a pinocchio tw@t is he ignores potential weaknesses in the team that will be exposed against better teams and passes up opportunities to fix them. He is far too loyal to Pickford for example, but everyone knows Pope is a far better goalkeeper and playing in a team that wins most weeks. I know Pope was injured for these games but when he's been fit in the past he still picks that donkey Pickford over him. Slabhead at centre back is an actual joke, another donkey he continues to play. Colwill trained with the seniors so he could have played him against the mighty North Macedonia, or called up Tomori or Konsa, or even played another of his favourites Guehi instead of him. And the final gripe I have is Henderson in midfield, a player who has always been bang average and is now 33 years old. This is where our boy Ramsey should have been involved, if he'd started last night in a three with Rice and TAA it would have been a really exciting watch. Or even Eze who was already in the squad. 

To summarise, Southgate is a numpty and I don't like him.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

No

They were winning the league and then picked up 9 points from a possible 24, including drawing or losing to Brighton, West Ham, Southampton and Forest.

It was a bottle job of the highest order

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They were winning the league and then picked up 9 points from a possible 24, including drawing or losing to Brighton, West Ham, Southampton and Forest.

It was a bottle job of the highest order

Yep because like I said they overplayed their key players running them in to the ground and couldn't ride various injuries

Rob Holding would do well to be our 4th choice CB and they had to play him in all those games, they lost saliba for too long and I'm sure Gabriel for a bit too

The forest game they lost they had Thomas partey at RB, white at CB and a polish reserve CB playing LB

At the same time man City with a fresher and fitter squad won 12 games in a row

Â