Malta v England/England v North Macedonia

WallisFrizz

9 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Dunk set to be called up according to Ornstein. Mings overlooked again despite Brighton conceding a ton of goals recently.

Dunk is OK, got no problem with him being called up, same with Ben White even though he's played RB most of the season 

But that would mean that maguire is still in there, drop dier and guehi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Dunk is OK, got no problem with him being called up, same with Ben White even though he's played RB most of the season 

Southprick will never drop Maguire as long as he plays for United.

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Thought Ben White would be out of contention after the World Cup. Didn't he walk out because he wasn't getting picked?

16 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Thought Ben White would be out of contention after the World Cup. Didn't he walk out because he wasn't getting picked?

reportedly had a fight with steve holland but the rags yesterday were intimating southgate put his cape on and has saved things

On 22/05/2023 at 12:46, WallisFrizz said:

Dunk set to be called up according to Ornstein. Mings overlooked again despite Brighton conceding a ton of goals recently.

Dunk being called up at the expense of Mings (or even Konsa for that matter) shows Southgate has a serious issue with Villa and it's not even subtle.

Brighton have had a great season but its their attack that is strong not their defence, they have conceded 50 goals compared to our 45 having played a game less and we had Slippy for a third of the season. We've conceded 7 goals in our last 14 games compared to Brighton who've conceded about 20 in that time. Dunk has good pass completion but as a defender he is inferior to Konsa and Mings. He's also 32 later this year and with only one cap to his name (compared to Mings' 17 who is also 18 months younger) it just seems pointless calling Dunk up. Colvill I could maybe understand but not Dunk.

Four Villa players should be in contention to make the squad tomorrow - Mings, Ramsey, Watkins and Konsa - if Southgate picks none of them again then he really is a word removed.

• Like 2

I was quite surprised listening to Bardell and Greg Evans predicting Mings would get a call-up . . . seems obvious to me that Southgate has drawn a line under it and decided he's never going to be called up again, for whatever reason. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was quite surprised listening to Bardell and Greg Evans predicting Mings would get a call-up . . . seems obvious to me that Southgate has drawn a line under it and decided he's never going to be called up again, for whatever reason. 

Guardian said he was in line for a recall

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Guardian said he was in line for a recall

I guess we'll soon find out. He's clearly 2nd best in the form table for CBs after Stones, and it's not like he couldn't find good justifications for leaving out one of Maguire, Dier or Coady if he wants to this time. 

What an inspiring squad. one start all season out of form Kalvin Philips, Henderson, Maguire. I'm absolutely shocked he left Eric Dier out.

The man is an absolute bellend.

What the f**k are you going to learn from Kane in that squad?!

We're playing sodding Malta. I could get a hat trick in that game and I'm 51!

Kane, even off form Rashford is so predictable.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Friday 16 June  Malta  v England 

Monday 19 June  England v North Macedonia 

Boty kick offs 7.45pm

Both games on Channel 4

The Squad 

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold(Liverpool), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham United)

Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Maddison (Leicester City),  Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)

Seriously, we're playing Malta and North Macedonia. What the hell can he learn from calling Kane up?!

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Let's be honest.

Mings will just be a spectator.

Wilson will be as well as Kane will start with two broken legs.

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

What have Gallagher, Phillips, Maguire and Henderson done this season?

Played for big clubs, mate.

No Watkins 😀 They've had to list Maddison, Foden, Grealish and Saka (more likely to play in a back 7) as forwards to make it seem less ridiculous. As ridiculous that it already is he's behind Rashford and Wilson (oh he's at a club that's now big too).

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Thanks 1

Good to see Mings recalled, I thought ollie might get a chance but i suppose wilson has also scored a lot. It won't matter who is playing second fiddle upfront because Kane will play the 90, or close to. Interested to see Eze

Â