Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Kane gets a penalty for that. He does it every week, but he is the best in the business at it.

Jared Gillett is the VAR tonight, just as he was when he overturned the onfield decision in our game for Kane.

word removed.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

It is totally obvious that we want Brighton to lose tonight. And in their other 2 matches before May 28. We can catch them, but not Newcastle.

But I think we won't catch Brighton regardless

Best scenario for us is that they're done by the time we play them and roll over

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

That prat Lescott would have you believe that you’re better once relegated. The pressure is off. Still fecking annoys me that 😪

Never forgotten when he said that "now we are relegated it's a weight off our shoulders and hopefully win a fee games for the fans".......

Next game he was at fault for the first goal (cannot recall who we were against), and the entire Holte End sang "it's a weight of your shoulders, just a weight off your shoulders" !!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, a-k said:

Commentator: "sticking his leg out is an invitation for Wilson to have done what he did"

Rocket polisher

He's not wrong though, that's the modern game, and I'm shocked when it isn't given these days. Especially when it's not awarded by the same VAR who had Kane's balls resting on his chin last week

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's not wrong though, that's the modern game, and I'm shocked when it isn't given these days. Especially when it's not awarded by the same VAR who had Kane's balls resting on his chin last week

And also note the 43rd minute offside flag, which was never used against Spurs last Saturday.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But I think we won't catch Brighton regardless

Best scenario for us is that they're done by the time we play them and roll over

Asked in the Europe thread, but it's pretty unlikely that Brighton manage to be "done" in 5/6th but can't still get 4th on the last day.

If you've got a set of possible results that does it, let's see them.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People, especially commentators, repeating the mantra that it's OK to do that because it is the modern game makes it worse

Â