Weekends Football 13/14 May

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes - no idea what your point is.  Wolves beat us, should they be fighting for Europe too?

My point is your all over Brighton like a rash, while the team you support have been fantastic if not better than them second half if the season and we are more desperate to get that 7th spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

good on ya brighton. let them have their moment in the sun. the agents of their 2 best players have already basically confirmed they wont be there next season and expect big offers to come in for estupinan and mitoma too

This is there limit, they will never do any better, an to be honest I'm for one, am Villa through and through and don't give a **** about them!!

Just now, tomav84 said:

good on ya brighton. let them have their moment in the sun. the agents of their 2 best players have already basically confirmed they wont be there next season and expect big offers to come in for estupinan and mitoma too

Its even more reason they deserve all the plaudits they’re getting, they’ve had their manager, backroom staff, Dan Ashworth, several key players all poached during different points in this season and just got on with it coming out even stronger than before.

• Like 3

Just now, foreveryoung said:

My point is your all over Brighton like a rash, while the team you support have been fantastic if not better than them second half if the season and we are more desperate to get that 7th spot.

Brighton will be finishing higher than 7th.  We're in a battle with Spurs.

FWIW, I think Brighton have been the best side to watch this season.  They've had something like 2nd highest possession in the league whilst just playing attacking football.  As I said, breath of fresh air.  We're not doing that, even though we're making fantastic progress under Emery.

It's OK to recognise when another side is good, you know.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

well that was all a bit shit.

Brighton deserve europe though. Its spurs who deserve nothing with the state of that club

Been saying this.

On the balance of things by the Footballing Gods, it should be us and Brighton who get in ahead of Spurs.

Brighton Europa and us Conference.

Unai and team would deserve it for the run they've gone on.

Still, always thought 8th was most likely and again, still be a great return.

Bigger and fresher squad to go full tilt next season etc

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

They aren't bottle jobs. They've run out of gas this season, they're is a massive difference between the two. Very similar to us. Lack of options in certain areas to switch it up with similar quality when injuries crop up or players are out of form. 

Can dress it up however you want, they had enough quality on that pitch to win today, they were just schooled by Brighton and played like the season was over. Brighton played well but arsenal were awful.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

When was the last time Arsenal beat Brighton at home? I feel like Brighton always get the better of them at the emirates

It was 2 years ago apparently.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Brighton will be finishing higher than 7th.  We're in a battle with Spurs.

FWIW, I think Brighton have been the best side to watch this season.  They've had something like 2nd highest possession in the league whilst just playing attacking football.  As I said, breath of fresh air.  We're not doing that, even though we're making fantastic progress under Emery.

It's OK to recognise when another side is good, you know.

We beat them, what does that tell you.

I recognise they are good, but care as much as I care Man City are good, which is close to **** all.

Just now, bobzy said:

Enlighten me, please

Tells you we are as good, maybe better, so we deserve it too.

I don't go with if we don't get Europe I'll be happy for Brighton. If we don't get it I'll be pissed that Brighton beat us to it.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is there limit, they will never do any better, an to be honest I'm for one, am Villa through and through and don't give a **** about them!!

Think you’re wrong, sure before people said relegation candidates was their level. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Tells you we are as good, maybe better, so we deserve it too.

I don't go with if we don't get Europe I'll be happy for Brighton. If we don't get it I'll be pissed that Brighton beat us to it.

We beat Brighton, Wolves beat us. Does that mean Wolves are as good as us, maybe better?

The latter point isn’t what I’m saying - but I think you know that. 

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes I suspect will end up like Southampton in a few year let then have their moment in the sun but we will surpass if not this season. 

• Haha 1

**** off Arsenal. Bottled the league cup final, fans leaving early in the fa cup final, thrown in the towel vs Brighton.

You can fight it out with Spurs to be the biggest banter club in perpetuity. We’ll be above you next season.

Â