Weekends Football 13/14 May

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The final ball from Boro has been woeful. Archer not getting a chance 

It's been poor quality hasn't it?

Feels like sort of game Matt Crooks will come on and cause impact with his physicality.

Coventry winning this 1-0 would set up the second leg perfectly.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It's been poor quality hasn't it?

Feels like sort of game Matt Crooks will come on and cause impact with his physicality.

Coventry winning this 1-0 would set up the second leg perfectly.

Yes must be nerves I guess. Yes I think Coventry will win this. For all their dominance Boro have created one decent chance 

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Atmosphere at Ricoh is amazing.

When you've been out of the top flight for decades it certainly does stir something in dormant fanbases. 

Yes you mysteriously get a 50% increase in fan attendance, and if you don't go up they go back to doing something else on the weekend.

And if you do get promoted the owners can whack up the ticket prices with all of this spanking new demand.

Edited by The Fun Factory

This is an awful game. Boro are horrible in the final third. Ramsey is a big miss for them, they don’t have a player who can carry the ball and take a man on. 

• Like 2

Oxford v St Albans is over, 4-0 at HT. 

St Albans look woeful. I've watched a fair bit of footy in that League following Weston in previous seasons and was surprised to see they were in a playoff final. 

Hopefully Kiddy come up later, got a soft spot for them. Everton to beat Man City, Arsenal to beat Brighton. 

Love days like this, I'm literally on the sofa with BT Sport on and my tablet ready for the Prem games. 

29 minutes ago, WHY said:

This is an awful game. Boro are horrible in the final third. Ramsey is a big miss for them, they don’t have a player who can carry the ball and take a man on. 

Partly that, partly Coventry are basically Millwall-lite in the way they play.  Set up with a back 5 and 4 in front then aim to counter.  Fair play, they've done incredibly well this season, but they're a fairly dull side to watch.

5 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Like most of the town's Big Mac addicted inhabitants. Brackley is more of a Costa latte place. 😊

Just checked the table - how the hell is this final between Brackley and Kidderminster :D 

Our first play off semi final was against Middlesbrough, that also finished 0-0 but then we went away and won 0-1 via a Jedinak goal if I remember correctly. It was terrible to watch but we didn’t care as we’d made the final. I’m sure that’ll go for cov or boro too. 

9 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Like most of the town's Big Mac addicted inhabitants. Brackley is more of a Costa latte place. 😊

From my faded memory of the Locomotive Inn, in Brackley, it seemed more like a pint of Carling place ;)

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Our first play off semi final was against Middlesbrough, that also finished 0-0 but then we went away and won 0-1 via a Jedinak goal if I remember correctly. It was terrible to watch but we didn’t care as we’d made the final. I’m sure that’ll go for cov or boro too. 

Our game plan was to nullify traore and we did a proper number on him, didn't get a sniff

• Like 2

Â