Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

"Football club rebrands are notoriously tricky to pull off. In Aston Villa’s case, Heck says fans complained they had not been adequately consulted on the move to a circular logo."

I don't mind Heck that much, but every time he speaks to anyone outside it's just full of lies and deceit 😂

" That's my story and I'm sticking to it " 😂 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

"Football club rebrands are notoriously tricky to pull off. In Aston Villa’s case, Heck says fans complained they had not been adequately consulted on the move to a circular logo."

I don't mind Heck that much, but every time he speaks to anyone outside it's just full of lies and deceit 😂

OMG he literally says the opposite of reality every single time he opens his mouth 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Tbf we were shoe horned by Purslow who was the driver if I’m not mistaken going back to the round badge - the survey was pointed so you’d vote in a specific direction so I’d agree the initial survey wasn’t adequate then and we got the choice of two to choose from - circle or some pseudo gaslamp one. Plenty of people on here criticised the initial survey and its limitations 

Edited by thabucks

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Tbf we were shoe horned by Purslow who was the driver if I’m not mistaken going back to the round badge - the survey was pointed so you’d vote in a specific direction so I’d agree the initial survey wasn’t adequate then and we got the choice of two to choose from - circle or some pseudo gaslamp one. Plenty of people on here criticised the initial survey and its limitations 

In fairness there was a lot of people wanting a round badge, pre Purslow. On here and away from this site. I wanted a round badge for a while. Whether he became aware of that and saw it as a potential easy win, winning him favour from fans…I don’t know. I accept it’s possible.

But I don’t agree with the round badge is purely a Purslow driven thing. I know I remember an interview with Wyness in which he was asked questions that had been put together from supporters and he was asked about whether we could go back to the round badge. And if I recall correctly, he talked about the difficulty in simply implementing it.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Don’t even know what to say after reading more nonsense from him.  If he was called Pinocchio he could build a whole new stadium with his nose.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I was in one of many focus groups during the process that led to "Purslow's" round badge. Specifically, mine consisted of international supporters. Claiming there was a lack of consultation is flat out wrong.

PS - there was a diversity of opinions in the focus group. I think spelling out the club's full name - Aston Villa - was the only real consensus. 

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 4

Well if we wanted a devious liar to generate more money for the club we've made a great appointment.

Drop shadow still looks bollocks, he talks bollocks, there's a theme...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well if we wanted a devious liar to generate more money for the club we've made a great appointment.

Drop shadow still looks bollocks, he talks bollocks, there's a theme...

True, but he's been the dog's bollocks when it comes to new commercial deals , to be fair. 

Just now, BG_Villa_Fan said:

True, but he's been the dog's bollocks when it comes to new commercial deals , to be fair. 

Yeah, he's been good for the balance sheet if you want to look at it like that. Although, he's done it at the same time as we've qualified for the conference league and then qualified for the Champions League. You could argue that someone who wasn't a pathological liar could also have ridden that wave of success to signing some big deals...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, romavillan said:

a pathological liar

I think you’ve just hit the nail on the head. If everyone just remembers these three words every time you see a statement or video from Heck in the future, it will all make perfect sense from now on.

1 hour ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

You would hope we are getting better deals now as a club finishing in top 7, top 4 than we were as a newly promoted club trying to establish ourselves in the league. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

You would hope we are getting better deals now as a club finishing in top 7, top 4 than we were as a newly promoted club trying to establish ourselves in the league. 

Exactly, it's all good ripping the Castore contract to shreds but what would he have done in the same circumstances if they were offering the most money?  No way he could've just got adidas to decide to pay a record deal out of nowhere for a lower mid-table team two years ago, even if he is supposedly a God of renegotiating deals.  From what I have read, the figures are lower than been reported, plus we would have had to pay off the deal(s) as well.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly, it's all good ripping the Castore contract to shreds but what would he have done in the same circumstances if they were offering the most money?  No way he could've just got adidas to decide to pay a record deal out of nowhere for a lower mid-table team two years ago, even if he is supposedly a God of renegotiating deals.  From what I have read, the figures are lower than been reported, plus we would have had to pay off the deal(s) as well.

What figures have you read and where?

Don't think he had to use all his Business acumen to get an increase on the Castore deal. Not like didn't have improved performances on the pitch or one of the owners has a sizeable stake in Adidas to help with that...

His integrity and honesty matter a bit more to me than a few extra million in sponsorship money so its safe to say he's just come across as a b3ll3nd through all this badge/branding malarkey

6 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

What figures have you read and where?

Only what the new Villa guy in the Athletic (Tanswell is it?) saying that it's not the £20m sponsorship deal that was reported and the Adidas one too.  I'm not totally dismissing Heck's influence either, it's not all black and white but the main thing is Unai's brilliance taking the club to another level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Only what the new Villa guy in the Athletic (Tanswell is it?) saying that it's not the £20m sponsorship deal that was reported and the Adidas one too.  I'm not totally dismissing Heck's influence either, it's not all black and white but the main thing is Unai's brilliance taking the club to another level.

He is lucky that with Unai we are riding high on the pitch. As soon as that ends, Heck with his nonsense will be hounded out by the fans.

Â