Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles.

What is the EXACT time that the collision will occur?

You do the math c***sucker! You're fired! *

*For the avoidance of doubt, this is a Heck-related joke and not an insult of another poster whose post was very funny!

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Haha 2

Honest question, as I haven't read the full letter of accusations. I understand they are very much HR related.

To what extent does the responsibility fall on the president of business operations for any wrongdoing? Are the accusations specifically aimed at Heck? 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Well if it is true about the resignation paypackets being withheld etc. Then I can understand why the employees might not be so trusting of HR and the Legal team especially when Heck and Hatton seemed to have gone over their head when restructuring the organisation. 

If the legal processes that are established by the country aren't being followed how can the employees expect that HR or Legal will protect them from retaliation or sacking before they cna get new jobs. 

A lot of assumptions are being made on alleged accusations from an anonymous person.

There’s two sides to this story and I find it amazing that if the allegations were true and the damage it would make to the Villa brand that the owners would have not already stepped in.

We’re being asked to believe that the owners have made there first poor decision in recruitment,  did no due diligence with a man with a well credentialed reputation and CV, weighted against an anonymous persons allegations  and which the local media haven’t picked any of it up?

This is a professional sport organisation being dragged into the 21st century not the local council job where you can skate by for 40 years.

Organisations have to evolve unfortunately some people can’t evolve with the organisation and would rather throw stones than accept their own limitations.

3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We get it that we have to change. Nobody wants us to stand still. We all want to break into the top echelons. 

We just aren't seeing how u-turning the new badge, creating the leaked one without proper consultation (objectively a less attractive logo than previous) and cancelling a redevelopment designed to help us bridge the gap in terms of match day revenue are "changes" designed to get us back into the elite.

If there us a bigger vision/strategy it is being very well hidden whereas we had a lot ot transparency under Purslow.

There are two approaches here.

1. Has been skeptical of Heck since last summer.

2. The other sort of implies we have to change as a club and the complainers just don't grasp that eggs have to be broken to make an omelette. 

Yet nobody ever addresses the questions in my earlier post. The decisions made aren't going to raise us more revenue or make us a more globally renowned brand.

The most important factor in achieving these ambitions is success on the pitch and a welcoming approach to fans new and old (yuck, and customers).

The past 8 or 9 months have been a shitshow off the field. Let us hope the comment in that latest tweet about Heck having issues with Emery is total B.S as Emery is the best thing to happen us in 30 years.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

A lot of assumptions are being made on alleged accusations from an anonymous person.

There’s two sides to this story and I find it amazing that if the allegations were true and the damage it would make to the Villa brand that the owners would have not already stepped in.

We’re being asked to believe that the owners have made there first poor decision in recruitment,  did no due diligence with a man with a well credentialed reputation and CV, weighted against an anonymous persons allegations  and which the local media haven’t picked any of it up?

This is a professional sport organisation being dragged into the 21st century not the local council job where you can skate by for 40 years.

Organisations have to evolve unfortunately some people can’t evolve with the organisation and would rather throw stones than accept their own limitations.

Mate. Just because you are unaware of what’s been going on, don’t assume others are not aware of what he’s been doing.

28 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I could literally make a Twitter account now called VillaBeaconofTruth and corroborate and share all these allegations as well.

Things are more " true " and beyond reasonable doubt when people want it to be.

In reverse, if this was a well liked figure at the club ( and the allegations were true ) you'd see a different level of skepticism and calls for people to wait for facts etc 

Ty Bracy claiming truth to these things is a problem though. However, if TyBracey is communicating with the sources of the info... The source isn't exactly going to be unbiased either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I'm sure the owners were fully aware of the type of person they were employing and did there due diligence but just maybe his style of management is not what works at a PL football club? Like everyone else on this forum I have no idea how true any of this is. Any new CEO/president worth his salt in this day and age that walks into a job will bring in an external company to do a review of the current org structure, policies etc. based on various frameworks out there. What worries me is the bit about awarding contracts to mates/previous associates etc. if the club does not have a robust procurement process in place it's very concerning and just leads to back handers and corruption and I don't want that at my football club.

7 minutes ago, Hev said:

Seems that Dan Bardell has put a lot on the line personally by supporting these claims. I hope he doesn't wreck his blossoming career on Sky etc.

Oh he has as well?

Didn't see this! 🤯

I trust Dan.

EDIT: I can't find anything from Dan in reference to this

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In reverse, if this was a well liked figure at the club ( and the allegations were true ) you'd see a different level of skepticism and calls for people to wait for facts etc 

But would someone who did things like this be well liked in the first place ?

Emery, for example, is well liked because all the evidence points to him being a man of honesty and integrity. So claims like this would completely contradict all that evidence.

Heck, on the other hand, seems to have rubbed people the wrong way from the start, i.e. his first FAB meeting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Hev said:

Seems that Dan Bardell has put a lot on the line personally by supporting these claims. I hope he doesn't wreck his blossoming career on Sky etc.

I know I've said this already but someone once sued me for libel for telling the truth through the correct channels and I saw at the time how the first instinct of the majority of people was to look after themselves and not want to get involved so I am full of admiration for people who put themselves on the line to speak up publicly for people who need it when they need it most.

Edit: After the previous poster confused Dan Bardell with Ty Bracey, it seems I am still just full of admiration for Ty Bracey.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'm sure the owners were fully aware of the type of person they were employing and did there due diligence but just maybe his style of management is not what works at a PL football club? Like everyone else on this forum I have no idea how true any of this is. Any new CEO/president worth his salt in this day and age that walks into a job will bring in an external company to do a review of the current org structure, policies etc. based on various frameworks out there. What worries me is the bit about awarding contracts to mates/previous associates etc. if the club does not have a robust procurement process in place it's very concerning and just leads to back handers and corruption and I don't want that at my football club.

I guess the question when your managing at that level do you keep the people who cannot deliver on the kpi’s or do you bring in people who can?

I’m sure NSWE will act with haste if required and also speak out on the matter sooner than later.

Based on reports Heck was picked out by Edens who would’ve done full due diligence so it is surprising and with the nature of this I’m gunna give it a few more days before forming an opinion on the matter. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I could literally make a Twitter account now called VillaBeaconofTruth and corroborate and share all these allegations as well.

Things are more " true " and beyond reasonable doubt when people want it to be.

Ty Bracy claiming truth to these things is a problem though. However, if TyBracey is communicating with the sources of the info... The source isn't exactly going to be unbiased either.

Let us know and i'll give you a follow....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Mate. Just because you are unaware of what’s been going on, don’t assume others are not aware of what he’s been doing.

I’m not making any assumptions, I’m weighing up the allegations of an anonymous person against a professional doing a difficult job. I’m sure there’s some half truths to some of the allegations, but don’t believe the context is being properly revealed.

We as supporters all want the club to be successful but we also have to accept that some unpalatable things have to occur to deliver that success.

Â