Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

it doesn't reflect very well on the club at all that its seemed necessary for players from both the men and women's team to leak that they're not happy

Plot twist.

This... too... was strategic... and "leaked" by the club as well for leverage and pressure to exit Castore deal?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Plot twist.

This... too... was strategic... and "leaked" by the club as well for leverage and pressure?

Yeah I was editing my post to suggest that as you replied. Perhaps the club putting out a statement opens them up to action from Castore and it's safer to brief the press in the guise of people "close to a player".

I'd certainly hope that's the case, because I can't imagine the players haven't been complaining about this internally for a couple of months by this point. One of those frustrating things that it'd be fascinating to know the details about but we probably never will.

• Like 1

Glad action has been taken, no more Castore. Should be utterly ashamed and embarrassed.

Wonder what the solution for the remainder of the season will be… the training shirts seem fine or maybe they just wear the standard version of the shirts rather than the pro fit ones… so long as they don’t have the same issue.

Last season’s shirt was probably the best since promotion…

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s go with Puma…

so we have two wild cats on the shirts…

wonder what directions they will be facing…

Puma should be facing away,  bad look for the lion if it looks like it’s being chased…

🤷‍♂️

Doesnt one of the owners part own Adidas?

2 minutes ago, gordy said:

Doesnt one of the owners part own Adidas?

Nassef does, 6% stake… but… I don’t think it matters or has any influence regarding out kit 🤷‍♂️

Would’ve sorted it sooner otherwise?

I have no idea…

-

I actually would like Puma, love some of their designs (a bit different or unique), especially the Italy gear. Not a fan of Adidas taking over there and what they’ve produced in comparison…

2006 World Cup winning Puma shirt was designed by our very own @NurembergVillan

• Like 1

Signing with Castore was a bad decision at the time and it's gone completely as expected.

Founded in 2015 and capable of supplying sportswear to clubs and teams at the highest level of global sport, within five years. A rags to riches 'home grown' story maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the success has been driven by lower costs courtesy of a dodgy supply chain, with their market position strengthened by the use of cheap and abundant fitness 'influencers' that are desperate for likes. 

It's hard to say which brand would be better as I'm sure they are all employing a similar model, but at least many of the established brands can also back it up with quality gear. Personally, I'd love to see a retro manufacturer like Umbro or Reebok; the 90's is back and so there is no better time to work with those brands.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They are. And I believe have deciding influence on overall design. Fanatics suck. 

Wasn't the Fanatics tie-up a consequence of years of poor distribution? It's been hard to find a Villa shirt outside of Birmingham for a number of years.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've heard some rumours about who might be next but, as is the wont of any ITK nobhead, I can't say who it might be. Plus, it's literally a rumour rather than direct info from a brand - if I get that sort of quality ITK I'll share it here first.

@NurembergVillan Not trying to catch you out here re: the above, but I am interested to know which of the mainstream brands actually do a good job across; design, quality, manufacture, distribution etc.

There never seems to be one that gets it all right, but interested to know who you think does it well?

Edited by Tubby

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They are. And I believe have deciding influence on overall design. Fanatics suck. 

Why do we think this is the case?

I think this has been said going back to the Luke kit, and while it may have been true years ago, I find it incredibly hard to believe that it's true right now, and that Castore have put out a public statement holding their hands up rather than saying "Well, actually, this isn't our fault..."

Edited by Davkaus