Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Vill-away-fix.jpg

Would have been miles better…nice.

I don’t like renders though, not like the actual shirt.

What’s funny is having lions facing in opposite directions 🤣 on the same bleeding shirt!!

I noticed some claws, in that weird and random pattern, on the actual away shirt facing the opposite direction to the badge too 🤣

• Like 1

Don’t like the away strip. Home goalkeeper or home shirt is gonna find its way on my back when on holiday. Maybe Luiz’s name as well. 😉

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We need a different manufacturer, brand, sponsor, the lot…

I know many are against it, but I would be happier with one of adidas, Nike, puma… maybe even new balance and Hummel

I don't mind which manufacturer it is, as long as their sizes are correct (ie: not skin-tight). I find Adidas to be the best for this.

For me, this automatically eliminates Puma and Kappa. I found the Nike kits we used to have weirdly itchy (I think it was the recycled plastic bottles they were made from), so they're out too.

Hummel have class designs and some of my favourite ever Villa kits. I'd opt for them or Adidas who, for ownership reasons, we're not allowed to have?

1 minute ago, striker said:

Don’t like the away strip. Home goalkeeper or home shirt is gonna find its way on my back when on holiday. Maybe Luiz’s name as well😉

spacer.png

Preferring the home over the away is another “bad take” though 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Would have been miles better…nice.

I don’t like renders though, not like the actual shirt.

What’s funny is having lions facing in opposite directions 🤣 on the same bleeding shirt!!

I noticed some claws, in that weird and random pattern, on the actual away shirt facing the opposite direction to the badge too 🤣

From what I gather it’s all our old badges glitched together in a blender. 

conceptually I like the idea, but the effect is just random nonsense  

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

From what I gather it’s all our old badges glitched together in a blender. 

conceptually I like the idea, but the effect is just random nonsense  

Spot on, it is random nonsense.

But not quite as nonsensical as the bus seat shite on the home shirt…

Just leave it alone and have a nice, clean, crisp design. What’s wrong with plain? 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I don't mind which manufacturer it is, as long as their sizes are correct (ie: not skin-tight). I find Adidas to be the best for this.

For me, this automatically eliminates Puma and Kappa. I found the Nike kits we used to have weirdly itchy (I think it was the recycled plastic bottles they were made from), so they're out too.

Hummel have class designs and some of my favourite ever Villa kits. I'd opt for them or Adidas who, for ownership reasons, we're not allowed to have?

My main issue with Adidas is the stripes, too dominant and even boring at times, but I have seen some really attractive designs from them. I really like the Roma kits, beautiful and classy. Plenty of great designs in the past too.

Puma come up with some good ones, I’ve liked the vast majority of their Italy stuff…

I don’t really care about the name of the brand, it’s “quality” that I want and am asking for.

And “quality” is something Heck has emphasised in the past, I hope he brings it here…

The pattern is just odd. 

It doesn't look bad, unlike the home kit where it looks like an early 90s bus seat, but you can't 'read' what it is, so it's just a random pattern that looks ok. Then you read what its supposed to be, a homage to our badge's lion over the years, and you think that's a nice idea... But you can't tell. And you can't tell because they just took pictures of the lions, randomly snipped them up, dropped them on a white shirt and grey scaled it, which completely negates the idea it's a homage or any reference really to anything. It's just random snippets of our badges lions over the years chucked on to make a pattern. Theres not a story or purpose to it, and it's so random you can't even tell what it is without being told and looking pretty hard. It may as well be any pattern.

Luckily it doesn't look bad, but you could have done this so much better. That shirt from a few seasons back with the wards of Birmingham pattern, that was a better idea than this (even if at a glance it appeared to be a used cum rag pattern). 

Random but I have always felt Adidas would not be a good fit for Villa as they tend to crowbar in white stripes or piping into every kit they do and to me white with claret and blue just screams west ham.

Have  Reebok exited the whole football kit scene? Them, umbro and Nike have delivered the best ever Aston Villa kits. 

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The pattern is just odd. 

It doesn't look bad, unlike the home kit where it looks like an early 90s bus seat, but you can't 'read' what it is, so it's just a random pattern that looks ok. Then you read what its supposed to be, a homage to our badge's lion over the years, and you think that's a nice idea... But you can't tell. And you can't tell because they just took pictures of the lions, randomly snipped them up, dropped them on a white shirt and grey scaled it, which completely negates the idea it's a homage or any reference really to anything. It's just random snippets of our badges lions over the years chucked on to make a pattern. Theres not a story or purpose to it, and it's so random you can't even tell what it is without being told and looking pretty hard. It may as well be any pattern.

Luckily it doesn't look bad, but you could have done this so much better. That shirt from a few seasons back with the wards of Birmingham pattern, that was a better idea than this (even if at a glance it appeared to be a used cum rag pattern). 

Let me sum that up for you:

It’s a mess.

😆

I agree, random faff. Better than home shirt.

firstly, solid choice to have Moreno up front and centre for the photo shoot - they know what they are doing objectifying our boy like that!

secondly - i like it - think it will look good on the pitch where you dont really notice the wee micro details anyway. White shirt, blue shorts. do rightly

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Random but I have always felt Adidas would not be a good fit for Villa as they tend to crowbar in white stripes or piping into every kit they do and to me white with claret and blue just screams west ham.

Have  Reebok exited the whole football kit scene? Them, umbro and Nike have delivered the best ever Aston Villa kits. 

Would probably be blue stripes on claret.

They don’t always stick to white.

13 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Awfff, I don’t know, an adidas original kit with a retro inspired design would be rather nice. Being retro would be on brand with Villa

retro stadium 

retro colours 

retro kit

so villa 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1