Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Can you still only buy the shirt at Villa Park?  I’ve been in the city centre every day this week and am blown away by the lack of visibility.  Every shop you walk into has Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal (etc) yet nothing of the club who actually play here.  Is Castore’s distribution network that poor that they can’t even reach shops three miles from the stadium? 

1 hour ago, JoachimV said:

It's a bit stupid to buy the new kit if they gonna change the badge again?

What a joke to have 2 badges for the moment. 

Worst case scenario is it becomes a bit of a collectors item.

On 18/07/2023 at 11:10, Pongo's Socks said:

Sorry if this has been covered, but are they ever going to cater for adults who for religious reasons can't have a bookie on their shirt?

I love the kids kit without that hideous sponsor

On 18/07/2023 at 12:54, omariqy said:

I doubt it. You can get it removed from a 3rd party quite easily though. That’s what I will be doing!

Here’s a guy that does it:

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Can you still only buy the shirt at Villa Park?  I’ve been in the city centre every day this week and am blown away by the lack of visibility.  Every shop you walk into has Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal (etc) yet nothing of the club who actually play here.  Is Castore’s distribution network that poor that they can’t even reach shops three miles from the stadium? 

It's still sodding Fanatics manufacturing and distributing courtesy of Uncle Keith... You can't even buy our kit from Castore themselves. 

Edit: Club Extended

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/08/villa-extend-fanatics-partnership/

Aston Villa and Fanatics, a leading provider of licensed sports merchandise and global digital sports platform, have today announced a long-term extension to their e-commerce, retail and manufacturing deal, with the club taking advantage of Fanatics’ global footprint and state of the art technology to better serve its fans.

The deal was agreed following significant growth in Villa merchandise sales through the club’s official online store, with sales growing by more than 450% since 2017, when Fanatics and Aston Villa started working together. It will see Fanatics retain global e-commerce, stadium retail and manufacturing rights for the club, ensuring that Villa fans will have access to one of the largest ranges of merchandise in the world.

Fanatics now partners with more than 900 sports clubs and organizations in the world and has worked with Villa to grow visits to the online store by more than 300% in the last four years, changing the way fans purchase merchandise online through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today’s on-demand, mobile-first society. Fanatics will also continue to operate the club retail store at Villa Park as part of the renewed deal.

Fanatics’ global network, which is now based out of 13 countries worldwide, delivered merchandise to Villa fans in 85 different countries in 2021.  In continuing its partnership with Fanatics, Villa will use cutting edge e-commerce systems and the company’s vertical commerce model, which combines on-demand manufacturing with an agile supply chain to produce the timeliest assortments of merchandise.

Edited by Dale
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 18/07/2023 at 14:11, Roitorb said:

Short answer no. An to be fair why should they, you chose to support Aston Villa who are a football club and most money in the league is provided by betting companies. If they ever do anything for religious reason then they will not get my support anymore. Why should they?

You'd stop supporting the Villa over that? Wow.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

It's still sodding Fanatics manufacturing and distributing courtesy of Uncle Keith... You can't even buy our kit from Castore themselves. 

Edit: Club Extended

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/08/villa-extend-fanatics-partnership/

If their system is so cutting edge, why has it failed so many times during the partnership so far? If its so cutting edge why does their merchandise fall apart.

I'm not sure I agree with most of that statement, but I guess they will provide our kits in countries that otherwise wouldn't see them.

Still, they're pretty shit at getting villa shirts out to the city centre of Birmingham so not sure about that either.

Shame we haven't gone elsewhere, but I assume it will mean we've signed a far more lucrative deal with them now our sales are so much higher

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

As a non birmingham resident i find it unbelievablethat t i cant find any villa stuff apart from going villa park. Its shocking.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

As a non birmingham resident i find it unbelievablethat t i cant find any villa stuff apart from going villa park. Its shocking.

You can find last years kit in the sales and for the longest time last the flagship JD Sports on New Street had a huge Villa display on the most prominent shelves, but the new shirt is conspicuous by its absence.   I work right in the middle of town and I’ve still not seen it on display in any shop.  I’ve only seen a handful of people wearing it too.  As a kit launch it’s a something of a wet fart compared to what other clubs have been doing.  

17 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Shame we haven't gone elsewhere, but I assume it will mean we've signed a far more lucrative deal with them now our sales are so much higher

Why are you surprised we haven't gone elsewhere?

Fanatics are the big player in sports replica kits globally.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why are you surprised we haven't gone elsewhere?

Fanatics are the big player in sports replica kits globally.

For all the reasons I mentioned above the bit you quoted. Maybe it's the club's fault, but the fact you can't buy the kit in the city centre is a bit weird for such a well established global player with "state of the art" systems.

I think fanatics are cowboys that have wormed their way to the top of the chain and I've no idea how. We'll see if their bubble ever bursts. Maybe it won't, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

For all the reasons I mentioned above the bit you quoted. Maybe it's the club's fault, but the fact you can't buy the kit in the city centre is a bit weird for such a well established global player with "state of the art" systems.

I think fanatics are cowboys that have wormed their way to the top of the chain and I've no idea how. We'll see if their bubble ever bursts. Maybe it won't, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

I think we're headed the other way - the idea of going to the shop to buy something is to some extent old fashioned for these retailers, it's a cost they don't need - and Fanatics are well on the way to becoming the dominant figure in the kit and licensed stuff market - they've got shirts, caps, even trading cards tied up and they seem to be growing at an aggressive rate.

Which is a shame, because as you rightly say, from a customer point of view they're sh*t, but they're great for investors and stakeholders and that's the way of the century.

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we're headed the other way - the idea of going to the shop to buy something is to some extent old fashioned for these retailers, it's a cost they don't need - and Fanatics are well on the way to becoming the dominant figure in the kit and licensed stuff market - they've got shirts, caps, even trading cards tied up and they seem to be growing at an aggressive rate.

Which is a shame, because as you rightly say, from a customer point of view they're sh*t, but they're great for investors and stakeholders and that's the way of the century.

Spot on. 

They have largely monopolised the kit market for a lot of sports. It's phenomenal how they've done it despite being so bad at customer service.

Their service, in my experience as a villa fan, is poor and overpriced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure how to post a Facebook reel but the training kit from today is **** terrible 

Blue body claret arms 

Not great, not terrible. The stuff they players were wearing on the plane was pretty tasty though.

• Thanks 1