New kits 23/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nail on the head.

Why would they put the bisexual flag on an England shirt?

You ask one question, and the entire outrage falls apart.

Coz of der lesbians innit

Of all of our exports, the American “this flag is a holy relic” really holds a unique level of idiocy. 

but in reading on this I saw your cops have adopted the “thin blue line” flag so, yeah, sorry for that also. (Though it makes it easy to identify the fash)

• Like 1

For all I care the England shirt can be a full on rainbow, black with purple spots, hoops, stripes, etc. anything really because its a shirt that changes with fashion and trends. We even had a grey one once because it "looked good with jeans".

But changing the country's flag colours is another thing, that is our national symbol, identity whatever you want to call it.

Lets see how Saudi, Qatar, America would react if there flags were given a 'playful upgrade'

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

For all I care the England shirt can be a full on rainbow, black with purple spots, hoops, stripes, etc. anything really because its a shirt that changes with fashion and trends. We even had a grey one once because it "looked good with jeans".

But changing the country's flag colours is another thing, that is our national symbol, identity whatever you want to call it.

Lets see how Saudi, Qatar, America would react if there flags were given a 'playful upgrade'

Were you similarly outraged at all the other times the flag has been changed on football shirts?

• Like 1

The real issue is the horrendous amount they're charging for the kits. This whole flag thing, to me, seems to have been orchestrated to get people away from the pricing issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

The real issue is the horrendous amount they're charging for the kits. This whole flag thing, to me, seems to have been orchestrated to get people away from the pricing issue.

This. I read its 95 euros to buy the Ireland jersey now, we didnt even qualify for the tournament and will change it again by next Christmas

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Were you similarly outraged at all the other times the flag has been changed on football shirts?

I'm not outraged at all, I'm just pointing out that if a country's flag is going to be included on a country's shirt then it should be the country's colours not something that Nike and the FA think looks good.

The photo examples that have already been uploaded do not just show a stand alone St. Georges cross,  it is included as part of the shirt design, as I said shirt designs change with fashions and trends.

2 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

I'm not outraged at all, I'm just pointing out that if a country's flag is going to be included on a country's shirt then it should be the country's colours not something that Nike and the FA think looks good.

The photo examples that have already been uploaded do not just show a stand alone St. Georges cross,  it is included as part of the shirt design, as I said shirt designs change with fashions and trends.

They're exactly the same. Why if they're on the front or back, does it change whether they're used for design purposes or not?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Yes they do. The one with the tiny flags on the shoulders are stand alone st George’s crosses. 

so they’re exactly the same. 

We all know what the difference is though, they don’t look like rainbows…

Edited by Stevo985

5 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Please point out the stand alone St Georges flag below (remember you are looking for a red cross on a white background)

article-2101963-0DBDAF2C00000578-777_468

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. So it's not a flag, if it's not a red St. George's cross on a white background? By that standard, Nike has done nothing wrong.

But I'm sure Mr. Hart here is simply wearing a shirt that advocates teaching maths in schools, with all those different colored plusses. It's certainly not a re-use of a national symbol.

Nike has produced a US kit (I own it) where the flag is in red white and blue, but it's printed on the inside of the neck so it gets soaked with sweat. Is that showing respect for the flag? Has anyone asked the flag its thoughts on its usage?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Please point out the stand alone St Georges flag below (remember you are looking for a red cross on a white background)

article-2101963-0DBDAF2C00000578-777_468

I don’t see why that makes a difference except for a convenient excuse for you. But anyway, see the post above. The ones on one of the other shirts posted are standalone. But they’re not red. Why are they ok but this one isn’t?

edit: this one

IMG_5380.png

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, 479Villan said:

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. So it's not a flag, if it's not a red St. George's cross on a white background? By that standard, Nike has done nothing wrong.

But I'm sure Mr. Hart here is simply wearing a shirt that advocates teaching maths in schools, with all those different colored plusses. It's certainly not a re-use of a national symbol.

Nike has produced a US kit (I own it) where the flag is in red white and blue, but it's printed on the inside of the neck so it gets soaked with sweat. Is that showing respect for the flag? Has anyone asked the flag its thoughts on its usage?

I'm not arguing, merely putting across my point of view.

And it must be a flag as Nike themselves have said they have given the flag a playful update

The flag controversy works as a convenient distraction from the fact that it's eighty five **** pounds for the cheap version

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

I'm not arguing, merely putting across my point of view.

And it must be a flag as Nike themselves have said they have given the flag a playful update

If the design on the Goalie kit above isn't a St.George's cross, what is it?

Â