Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From Football Espana:

"However, it appears that he has rejected Aston Villa, and according to Relevo, one of his reasons for doing so revolved around their financial situation. The Premier League side are said to not be in a positive economical situation, which seemingly indicated it would be difficult for them to sign players in this summer’s transfer window."

Doesn’t sound right that

Not entirely sure what role is so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It did sound positive if he was coming purely from what others have said and how excited they where. 

But isnt he mainly a contacts guy I may be wrong but surely a player wouldnt join just because he is here (he doesnt have day to day involvement with the squad).

A player will join because of the vision of the club and the coaches (also the wages).

So while he would have got a foot in the door with  some of the players surely there are others who are also able to do that

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Doesn’t sound right that

Lol... yeah, us offering a Football Director, known for being an elite dealmaker of Elite Footballers, a huge salary, whilst having no money to actually get players... seems legit. lol

If there is any truth, only thing I can think of, is that he was expecting some kind of Man City or PSG budget...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From Football Espana:

"However, it appears that he has rejected Aston Villa, and according to Relevo, one of his reasons for doing so revolved around their financial situation. The Premier League side are said to not be in a positive economical situation, which seemingly indicated it would be difficult for them to sign players in this summer’s transfer window."

If that's true I'm gobsmacked. We haven't spent any money for about three years so how we're going to struggle to sign players this summer I have no idea.

If we want to break into the top 4 we have to spend, simple as that, and probably break our record transfer fee this summer maybe even twice. Our finances should not be unhealthy at all given how little spending we've done recently, so either that article is a complete load of bollocks or the fans aren't being told something we need to know.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... yeah, us offering a Football Director, known for being an elite dealmaker of Elite Footballers, a huge salary, whilst having no money to actually get players... seems legit. lol

If there is any truth, only thing I can think of, is that he was expecting some kind of Man City or PSG budget...

Yep load of nonsense 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From Football Espana:

Utter utter utter bollocks. 

13 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From Football Espana:

Spanish press are salty towards English teams, look at the reports when we beat A.Madrid to Kamara lol. They are just trying to save face and make it seem like we were the ones embarrassed when in fact it’s Barca for the way they’ve handled everything.

13 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From Football Espana:

What a complete load of bollocks, we were about to break our transfer record in January for Nico Williams but he chose to stay. Emery wouldn't have come to us on the understanding there's no money, he may as well stayed in Spain, all the noise around the club is this is going to be a big summer transfer window & the club want to push on into those European places. There are reasons he has had a change of mind & it isn't money. Reading between the lines is that Jordy Cruyff has left his position, maybe they didn't get on & Alemany had enough, Alemany wanted a different transfer policy, club want Messi back & that would undo all Alemany good work upto now, maybe Barcelona have had second thoughts about Messi & have promised to follow the route Alemany wanted in 1st place, could be absolutely anything, but what I do see is this is nothing on our part that we've done, this is all on Barcelona & Alemany & it definitely ain't nothing to do we have no money. We move on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If that's true I'm gobsmacked. We haven't spent any money for about three years so how we're going to struggle to sign players this summer I have no idea.

If we want to break into the top 4 we have to spend, simple as that, and probably break our record transfer fee this summer maybe even twice. Our finances should not be unhealthy at all given how little spending we've done recently, so either that article is a complete load of bollocks or the fans aren't being told something we need to know.

I wonder which is more likely?  A Spanish site finding out that our finances are in a complete mess and that we are skint when no journos / SM "experts" in this country have found even a sniff of such a situation and one of the best managers in Europe and one of the best marketing / money guys in US sport signed up.  Or them basically making **** up. 

• Like 1

Someone on Twitter has heard this rumour regards Alemany, I sure if true but would make sense and why Spanish press are being salty reporting we're skint...

"He was unofficially offering players 300k a week wages to come which would of **** FFP before the club turnover grows organically with the arrival of Chris Heck. Pulled up on it and didn’t like it. That's a rumour I heard. True? Who knows."

Edited by stewiek2

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Someone on Twitter has heard this rumour regards Alemany, I sure if true but would make sense and why Spanish press are being salty reporting we're skint...

"He was unofficially offering players 300k a week wages to come which would of **** FFP before the club turnover grows organically with the arrival of Chris Heck. Pulled up on it and didn’t like it."

Not sure I believe that 100% either.  He's not employed by the club yet and so would not be allowed to be speaking to any players on behalf of Villa.  At most he might have said "I can get you Torres for £35 million but he will want a deal at 300k per week" and been told in no uncertain terms that that wasn't going to happen.  But how anyone outside the club would know that is anyone's guess.  And one thing that is clear is that there are very few leaks from the club about anything.  I'm not saying that it isn't a reasonable conclusion / explanation - but someone actually knowing it to be true is unlikely I feel.

1 minute ago, allani said:

Not sure I believe that 100% either.  He's not employed by the club yet and so would not be allowed to be speaking to any players on behalf of Villa.  At most he might have said "I can get you Torres for £35 million but he will want a deal at 300k per week" and been told in no uncertain terms that that wasn't going to happen.  But how anyone outside the club would know that is anyone's guess.  And one thing that is clear is that there are very few leaks from the club about anything.  I'm not saying that it isn't a reasonable conclusion / explanation - but someone actually knowing it to be true is unlikely I feel.

I don't think any of us will hear the true reason. Just passing on what I read.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think our finances are quite unhealthy. The last set of financial results looked pretty grim. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, allani said:

I wonder which is more likely?  A Spanish site finding out that our finances are in a complete mess and that we are skint when no journos / SM "experts" in this country have found even a sniff of such a situation and one of the best managers in Europe and one of the best marketing / money guys in US sport signed up.  Or them basically making **** up. 

I'm inclined to believe it is a load of bollocks too. I just want to know why this guy has changed his mind. Staying at Barca implies they're in a healthier position than we are when everything I've read up to now has said the complete opposite and everyone knows Barca's finances have been a complete mess for a couple of years now. What the f*** has changed which has made him do a u-turn?

I hate believing gutter journalists but until the full story comes out this speculation will make me feel uncomfortable about what's going on at the Villa. We need a good news story again pronto.

5 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I think our finances are quite unhealthy. The last set of financial results looked pretty grim. 

I'm guessing you're on the windup here. 

In two days time Barcelona present their two year "escape" plan to La Liga bosses. They have written up a 24 month scenario to try to comply with La Liga financial rules, which they are currently totally in breach of.

If they have their plan approved, they will need Alemany desperately to get anywhere near their stated financial targets. Barcelona may be league champions, but they are well up "sh*t creek" and Alemany is their only paddle!

13 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I'm inclined to believe it is a load of bollocks too. I just want to know why this guy has changed his mind. Staying at Barca implies they're in a healthier position than we are when everything I've read up to now has said the complete opposite and everyone knows Barca's finances have been a complete mess for a couple of years now. What the f*** has changed which has made him do a u-turn?

I hate believing gutter journalists but until the full story comes out this speculation will make me feel uncomfortable about what's going on at the Villa. We need a good news story again pronto.

Heck yes.  (As in Heck is our good news story pronto.  Everything I have read suggests that he's going to bring in opportunities we never even dreamed were possible.  V-Sports is how we will be able to compete commercially with the Sly 6 and Newcastle.)

Edited by allani

Â