Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

Considering the type of negotiator this guy is, it wouldn't surprise me if this (as of this time) unsubstantiated report has come from his camp to try and extract an even better deal from NSWE.

Seems weird as Barcelona are adamantly 'Project Messi' right now and, if reports are true, he doesn't want anything to do with it.

Nonetheless, I'm sure we'll be fine, with or without. We're in the best possible hands.

• Like 2

Move on to the next one. Emery knows who he wants this summer and I’m sure this won’t affect what we try to do.

Players won’t decide to join based on if Alemany is here or not, but it would have potentially helped with negotiations.

Doesn’t mean we don’t have other options.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Its going to be rough now finding an alternative.

Anyone coming here will be fully aware that they are second choice.

You mean like Emery when Poch turned NSWE down before him?  Stuff like this happens in business all the time.  Anyone who takes it personally won't get very far in their careers.  It's not like you're on Love is Blind and proposing to someone right after their roommate turned you down.  

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Hopefully this doesn't affect transfer plans for the summer. Not ideal timing.

Hopefully not, Emery and the scouts will have identified what players they want.  Someone else will just do the negotiating now.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Thinking about it now, I don’t think it will. We would’ve had a list of targets from Lange and Emery before the Alemany situation. Maybe he would’ve been good to help secure some deals for cheap, but I think it doesn’t change much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully not, Emery and the scouts will have identified what players they want.  Someone else will just do the negotiating now.

It's almost like we have someone at the club who does this already...  Someone like a certain Director of Football???

This guy is something else -Johan Lange, how he managed to keep things  tight lipped is amazing. We are on the up! UTV : r/avfc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I doubt our strategy is based on a theoretical.

'Yeah, so we get this guy in, and then we can move for all those Spanish players'. That is not how a well run business works.

A well run business works on actual facts, and the fact is, we never had Alemany. So getting a transfer window plan based on a maybe is not something I would expect from Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

I've been super optimistic about Villa's future before Alemany was linked with us so I could careless that he's no longer coming. Good for him and his agent for using us to get more money from Barsa. Nothing personal just business. The plan our favourite Egyptian and American have had in place since they bought the club is sure to attract other very well qualified "gurus" that see Villa's bright future. Let's face it, not too many people predicted a manager with a resume like Unai joining us when he did. So F Alemany and UTV. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I did think it was strange that the announcement was taking so long. It’s disappointing as it felt like an appointment that Emery wanted and it’s left us with egg on our face a bit. But hopefully any transfer plans can progress without him and we will get a suitable alternative. 

No it doesn't. We acted in good faith.

It says more about Alemany than about us. His reputation is tarnished in my opinion. 

Open the relegation thread! 

Nah it’s annoying though, something super amazing was happening and then all of a sudden it’s taken away. It is very us. All seemed a bit odd with how much attention it was getting and the things people were coming out with - particularly from Barcas side. It was like they were trying to gauge the reaction before deciding to try and keep hold of him. 

Wonder if we’ll look at Betis’ guy now instead… 

Â