Midweek Football 1/4 May

andykeenan

Man. United were wretched that second half.

Still should've been a solid 0-0 but for Luke Shaw being a complete c***.

That's a bad bad bad result for us I'm afraid unless Brighton just win their next 4-5 and already in europe when they play us on final day but I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Brighton still have arsenal city and us to play

They won't lose all those games.

If they beat Everton and Southampton at home as you'd expect that will be 61 points alone so we really need to beat Wolves otherwise we'll be falling off the pace.

Brighton were the better team and deserved that win. Definite handball, even though I’d hoped Villa fan Andre Marriner would ignore it. Brighton will finish above us in my opinion. We’re battling spurs for 7th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Our only hope, but as above Brighton still have City, Arsenal and Newcastle.

People clutch at this, but I've been telling people that, Brighton can get a result or win against ANY side on their day... Very good team.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Brighton were the better team and deserved that win. Definite handball, even though I’d hoped Villa fan Andre Marriner would ignore it. Brighton will finish above us in my opinion. We’re battling spurs for 7th.

He did, but as soon as VAR told him to look, he had to give it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Our only hope is Brighton tire, they got a couple more games than us to fit I too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They won't lose all those games.

If they beat Everton and Southampton at home as you'd expect that will be 61 points alone so we really need to beat Wolves otherwise we'll be falling off the pace.

I think it’ll come down to the last game of the season in front of a packed house at villa park

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People clutch at this, but I've been telling people that, Brighton can get a result or win against any side on their day... Very good team.

They are so brave as a team. Bring in 18 and 19 year olds and they slot in seamlessly. You have to admire them hugely  . 

De Zerbi is going to have his choice of jobs in the summer. The old guard in Italy will he looking to change things up with Napoli changing the face of Italian Football . 

No question that was a stunning performance. United weren't even really in it that second half. 

It was a miracle they looked like getting a draw and they thoroughly deserved the last minute penalty. 

It's really between us and Spurs for 7th by the look of it. 

Â