The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Benzema leaving Real Madrid

Seems their original plan was to get one more year out of Benzema and then go once more for Mbappe in summer 2024 so assume they'll have to accelerate that move now. Kane also inevitably linked but don't see that happening.

5 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Looks like Marcos Asensio is signing for PSG on a free - seems like the kind of player we should have been in for

Damn, we should start a thread on him just in case

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Looks like Sergio Ramos is also off to Saudi

They'll just throw money at football, just like the golf. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Seen that forest have an obligation to buy Chris Wood for £15m

I actually thought Renan Lodi was at Forest permanently but seems he was only on years loan. That will be a big miss if they can't get him back permanently given Omar Richards is one for the forgotten footballers thread and Toffolo isn't really good enough for premier league.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I actually thought Renan Lodi was at Forest permanently but seems he was only on years loan. That will be a big miss if they can't get him back permanently given Omar Richards is one for the forgotten footballers thread and Toffolo isn't really good enough for premier league.

Maybe they will sign Lucas Digne in the left back carousel

• Like 1

Eden Hazard leaving Real 1 year before his contract ends. Most likely set to retire. You know it's bad when you haven't already been offered a £100m a season contract from the Saudi retirement league.

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Eden Hazard leaving Real 1 year before his contract ends. Most likely set to retire. You know it's bad when you haven't already been offered a £100m a season contract from the Saudi retirement league.

He spent 4 years on their bench. Massive player at Chelsea, but a squad filler in Madrid.

he probably will retire, but he could still be usefull at Lille or something, close to home, less pressure, easier league.

2 minutes ago, AXD said:

He spent 4 years on their bench. Massive player at Chelsea, but a squad filler in Madrid.

he probably will retire, but he could still be usefull at Lille or something, close to home, less pressure, easier league.

So many little injuries. I just think he got tired of putting in the work with the physio instead of playing. 

5 hours ago, sne said:

So many little injuries. I just think he got tired of putting in the work with the physio instead of playing. 

Have seen interviews with Chelsea players saying he was a horrible trainer so makes sense he cant recover from injuries if he isnt arsed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AXD said:

He was massive at Madrid too...

Going by the gossip it sounds like the big money early on will be spent at CM. Liverpool going for Kephrem Thuram and Mac Allister and Chelsea going for Ugarte and Caicedo. Obviously neither have happened yet.

Makes me really thankful that we have Kamara & Luiz already in place.

Official now that he's leaving Madrid.

Will always have a personal footnote for me since our old long since dead blog was the first site in Sweden that broke the news he was leaving Lyon and signing for Madrid. Stumbled across it after snooping around and thanks some random contacts and sources we had back them. We had the news in the middle of the night while the big papers had nothing until later that morning.