"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd be amazed if that is the finished look. At the very least they will put the complete T back and then move the H and E down a few rows to re align them, it is only a case of swapping a few blue and claret seats. 

This was my thinking as well, surely the seats can be re-jigged to sort the lettering. Let’s see what it looks like for the first match before reaching for the pitchforks.

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

?

The area shown is the new disabled seating which is in the Lower Holte End as opposed to the Terrace View which services the Upper Holte.

However, the Terrace View lounge is actually situated behind that glass and I believe the disabled supporters will access it from there - essentially this disruption is both the Terrace View and the new disabled seating, but I think @Davkaus has incorrectly assumed it's not the Terrace Yiew as you'd expect that to be in the Upper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The area shown is the new disabled seating which is in the Lower Holte End as opposed to the Terrace View which services the Upper Holte.

However, the Terrace View lounge is actually situated behind that glass and I believe the disabled supporters will access it from there - essentially this disruption is both the Terrace View and the new disabled seating, but I think @Davkaus has incorrectly assumed it's not the Terrace Yiew as you'd expect that to be in the Upper.

Yes, thats the assumption that confused me. Cheers OBE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I asked about the Terrace View and how long tickets will be locked out for Claret Club Members. Apparently, and I quote verbatim, "Everton is the only game where tickets will be locked away in the Holte End Upper for Claret Members when their buying window opens". I have no idea how that works if they're going to be selling Terrace View tickets on a game by game basis, but it's what was said. The member of staff also said they cannot wait for all this to be clear for supports, I get a feeling they've taken a significant amount of criticism from fans.

I would think this is simply about having to place people in the Upper Holte.

The Upper Holte has 5,700-ish seats and 4,000-ish season ticket holders, so there are 1,700-ish seats available for Terrace View members - plenty of room.

The problem comes because of the spread of those tickets.

As an example - let's say there's a row of 57 seats in the Upper Holte (it keeps the maths simple) - in that row there will be 40 season ticket holders, 10 Terrace View members and 7 people who bought a single match ticket.

The season ticket holders aren't going to sit all at one end of the row, they're in families, they're a pair of mates, they moved up one because they didn't want to sit next to fat Dave, so it might look something like this:

XXX0XX000XXXX0XXXXXXX0XXXX0000XX0X0XXXXXXX000XXX0XXX0XXXX

With the 0's being empty seats. 

Statistically, one of those existing season ticket holders bought a Terrace View package, but there are still nine to fit in (40 ST, 9 TV and 8 GA).

If none of them want to sit on their own, then on my random row, there are two sets of three seats and one set of four available to them.

If there are a group of three TV people, they can slot right in, if there are four, they can slot right in, if there are two, then the ticket office has to start getting smart - so let's say we have a three and three pairs wanting tickets - in my random row you can get those in okay.

XXX0XXTTTXXXX0XXXXXXX0XXXXTTTTXX0X0XXXXXXX0TTXXX0XXX0XXXX

And the club could now put the remaining 8 single seats on sale - albeit only to people coming on their own.

Of course, it's not that simple - the club will want to reward the TV people, given the amount they've paid, with decent seats, and my row might be at the back of K1, so they'd leave it until last and try to leave as many of those seats as possible for individual ticket buyers while putting the TV people in better seats - that won't be easy as the better seats are more likely to be in central areas - my example row, if it were in the middle of the Holte End and at the front might have 53 season ticket holders and no space for a pair of new people.

There's also the problem that sales for the Terrace View are still ongoing, the club want to sell as much as this off as they can so that they can get these people in seats for the whole season and have it over with - it's a puzzle that's hard to do once and would be a pain in the bum to do again for every single home game - but that means if a new pair of Terrace View setons ticket holders buy now, then in my example, I can no longer fit them in my row, and worse, if three buy together, I could have fit them in previously but I put a pair in one of my three spaces and now they don't fit.

This is why they haven't yet told Terrace View people where their seats are - they're keeping them as flexible as possible so they can keep people together - it's a big game of Tetris.

We should be glad I guess that they haven't asked any existing season ticket holders to move.

Anyways, what we'll hopefully end up with is only fitting in a few hundred single match Terrace View tickets each time, which will be simpler but could leave people disappointed if there are six coming for grandads' big birthday and they have to sit dotted around the place in two's.

They'll need to sell those tickets before the members window for each game, which could be awkward, but they'll hopefully have a plan for that.

In the meantime, at least for this game, there will be about eight hundred spaces in the Upper Holte which haven't gone on sale yet and that the club will cling on to for as long as possible before they put them on sale - it's a dangerous game and a difficult balance.

For Everton, the club still have to sell the individual Terrace View match tickets, which aren't on sale yet, and then sell the general admission tickets and they don't have either of those things on sale with 12 days between now and matchday, there will be squeaky bums.

For me, it's a fantastic facility, the selling of which has been poorly thought out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Funnily enough it actually seems to be a Russian bot, check out the posting history in Off Topic - quite a ride.

Yes, I was aware of 'it" from the 'Special Operation' thread, so thought I'd highlight the issue had infected on topic. All feels a bit dystopian!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Even if I wanted to spend that sort of money I wouldn't cos everyone would be looking at you like a prawn sandwich merchant.

Maybe some of the older heads will think that. But a lot of younger people will think it's a normal, convenient, modern element. 

I'm an older head and I have mixed feelings about it. It's the Holte End and probably should be 100% seats, or seats and a standing area, preferably. I guess this is their idea of a standing area. :unsure:

Ultimately it's a business and the club is trying to increase revenue wherever they can. The cost of success I suppose. 

25 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Going to be a busy 10 days getting this finished for Everton at home! 

I'm assuming those images are showing the new wheelchair area and access to it at the back of the Lower Holte, rather than the Terrace View Lounge in the Upper Holte.

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd be amazed if that is the finished look. At the very least they will put the complete T back and then move the H and E down a few rows to re align them, it is only a case of swapping a few blue and claret seats. 

It's not quite this straight forward as they've lost more rows from the top of the T than they have available below the H to move it down to align.

They'll either have to resize the letters or maybe even move it to the upper holte? I'm sure they do have a plan to correct it though yes.... be interesting to see if they achieve it within the next 10 days.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'm assuming those images are showing the new wheelchair area and access to it at the back of the Lower Holte, rather than the Terrace View Lounge in the Upper Holte.

No it is indeed footage of the new Terrace View area … if you watch the video from the website you can clearly see … 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/24/introducing--the-terrace-view/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No it is indeed footage of the new Terrace View area … if you watch the video from the website you can clearly see … 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/24/introducing--the-terrace-view/

Looks like it's both the TV lounge which has a  window area overlooking the back of the new wheelchair area.

What surprised me is the TV area appears to take up the whole central area of the lower concourse area of the Upper Holte - completely from front (pitch view windows) to back (the open terrace overlooking the Holte car park). This presumably means fans will no longer be able to walk the width of the stand on that level. Unless the terrace area overlooking the car park is a separate area from the lounge??

30 minutes ago, brommy said:

Looks like it's both the TV lounge which has a  window area overlooking the back of the new wheelchair area.

What surprised me is the TV area appears to take up the whole central area of the lower concourse area of the Upper Holte - completely from front (pitch view windows) to back (the open terrace overlooking the Holte car park). This presumably means fans will no longer be able to walk the width of the stand on that level. Unless the terrace area overlooking the car park is a separate area from the lounge??

I think that's true - I think you'd have to go through the seating now to go from one end of the Upper Holte to the Lower.

I must admit I haven't been in the Upper Holte a while, so I'm not quite sure what it was like last season.

4 hours ago, villanmac said:

Even if I wanted to spend that sort of money I wouldn't cos everyone would be looking at you like a prawn sandwich merchant.

More than one in six people in the Upper Holte will have a lanyard on, so they shouldn't feel too isolated.

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's true - I think you'd have to go through the seating now to go from one end of the Upper Holte to the Lower.

I must admit I haven't been in the Upper Holte a while, so I'm not quite sure what it was like last season.

More than one in six people in the Upper Holte will have a lanyard on, so they shouldn't feel too isolated.

I assume you mean from the upper concourse to the lower concourse of the Upper Holte, as there's no fan access from the Upper to Lower Holte End.

In any case, there's only one level of access to the seating in the Upper Holte and that is the highest of the two concourses in the Upper Holte End.

Including my understanding of the changes for the new Terrace View Lounge and for those unfamiliar with the Upper Holte End, access to any seat in the Upper Holte End is -

up the steps from the car park to the turnstiles on the left or right of the previously unused central area, which will now form the outside balcony area of the terrace view facility -

through the turnstiles to the lowest concourse of the Upper Holte (before this summer's work, this concourse went the whole width of the stand and was at the level seen from the pitch as the wall/windows at the very back of the Lower Holte End that will now include the new wheel chair area) -

up steps from the lowest concourse to highest concourse (this highest concourse should be unaffected by the TV lounge changes and should still permit access across the full width of the stand) -

up any one of six flights of stairs out on to the Upper Holte seating area (at around Row 12 level) -

sit or stand to cheer on the Villa!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Only one thing for it....

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The DIY SOS Team."

SOS.jpg

I'm feeling sorry for the two blokes on the right whose parents obviously couldn't be bothered to register their birth.

On 31/07/2023 at 19:06, OutByEaster? said:

If it's 10% of the overall allocation, then you're pushing to the head of the tightest queue in football and I can't imagine those at the head of the away merit allocations would take well to it!

**** em. They're only there because they let their mates use their tickets when they can't make the game anyway. 

• Haha 2

Would’ve expected a bit more behind the scenes footage and updates from the club regarding the progress tbh…

Our social media fan engagement is kinda poor IMO as it’s a matrix used to showcase to prospective sponsors our global reach and it’s just the same old regurgitated content. 

• Like 1

Â