Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

They really do need to stop giving these pens where the attackers have no interest in playing the ball but their intent is to stick their leg in front of the defender. Salah did the same thing to Mings.

The one vs mings still riles me, the fall had literally zero correlation with the contact, he added a twist to it ffs 

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

They really do need to stop giving these pens where the attackers have no interest in playing the ball but their intent is to stick their leg in front of the defender. Salah did the same thing to Mings.

Agreed. It was a penalty by the standards of the 2023 Premier League, that kind of thing gets given every weekend, but it doesn't happen anywhere else on the pitch, because the attackers are cheating to buy them. You have to really, really dive without any contact to even risk a yellow card, so throwing yourself to ground after engineering contact is completely risk free. absolutely stinks.

Just now, villa4europe said:

The one vs mings still riles me, the fall had literally zero correlation with the contact, he added a twist to it ffs 

That one was a joke. Salah made contact with Mings causing him to stumble forward into Salah who as soon as there was contact through himself to the floor

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That one was a joke. Salah made contact with Mings causing him to stumble forward into Salah who as soon as there was contact through himself to the floor

It's not the only one, at least 50% of Salah's penalties were blagged, seemed to have calmed down a bit now though.

24 minutes ago, robby b said:

He's only 31. A lot younger than Ashley Young. I wonder if VVD's drop in level is to do with previous injuries, for example that awful one inflicted by Pickford in 2020. I remember in Liverpool's league winning season Van Dijk was considered one of the best defenders in the world. 

Ashley Young is the product of playing for an Italian side. They really know how to put longevity into players careers. But I agree, VvD has lost a yard of pace and this positional advantage it gave him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yup - you can't react like that - we need to do something though about players getting after officials, they're intimidating them and threatening them and officials, as human beings, won't always react appropriately.

Balls penalty - don't f*** this up Arsenal.

Not the most flattering of weekends for PGMOL is it? Needs a massive overhaul in the summer for them and VAR.

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Has there ever been a bigger, quicker drop off in ability than that of VVD? He looks utter crap

To be fair, his injury probably contributed greatly to it

Â