Weekends Football 17/19 March

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Depends if he thinks defender made a deliberate action

Clearly deliberate, one of the more bizarre decisions I've seen and more proof that refs are absolutely clueless these days, they don't even understand their own rules properly 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Clearly deliberate, one of the more bizarre decisions I've seen and more proof that refs are absolutely clueless these days, they don't even understand their own rules properly 

Deliberate was written for direct passes though and this was a stretch to prevent a cross. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Deliberate was written for direct passes though and this was a stretch to prevent a cross. 

This is what happens when you over complicate rules, the wording is deliberate action and whilst you may be right it was indeed a deliberate action.

I love the idiocy of the forest player pretending it hit his head, like it's not being checked in slow motion from multiple angles. Brain dead decision

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

They've not half had some luck this year. 

Forest had about two shots on goal all night, Newcastle miles the better team.

I still think Brighton will finish above Newcastle though. Even with this win there's only a 5 point gap between those two.

this whole 'looking like this guy is going to take the pen then gives it to another guy' thing i'm sure was invented by mcphee. first time i've seen anyone do it was brentford at home (i think) where young had the ball in hand then gave to ings

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I still think Brighton will finish above Newcastle though. Even with this win there's only a 5 point gap between those two.

Not sure think Newcastle have a  good chance of 4th with Isak finally coming good 

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The better team doesn't always get completely bizarre penalties. A lot of their wins seem to be late penalties, teams missing penalities, or almiron just closing his eyes and hitting it as hard as possible and it just flying into the top corner

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

The better team doesn't always get completely bizarre penalties. A lot of their wins seem to be late penalties, teams missing penalities, or almiron just closing his eyes and hitting it as hard as possible and it just flying into the top corner

They've got resilience and are hard to beat. Annoying they got the late penalty as with a win tomorrow we'd have been 7 points off them with them to come to VP in a few weeks.

They're still doing well considering their late sub tonight was Matt Ritchie coming on for Jacob Murphy so not like they're overflowing with quality in all areas.

I think they'll just miss out on top 4 and we'll see if they get as close next season having to do Thursday-Sunday. Seems their main transform target for the summer is James Maddison so that will give their attack a different dynamic. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

They've got resilience and are hard to beat. Annoying they got the late penalty as with a win tomorrow we'd have been 7 points off them with them to come to VP in a few weeks.

They're still doing well considering their late sub tonight was Matt Ritchie coming on for Jacob Murphy so not like they're overflowing with quality in all areas.

I think they'll just miss out on top 4 and we'll see if they get as close next season having to do Thursday-Sunday. Seems their main transform target for the summer is James Maddison so that will give their attack a different dynamic. 

They will. Unfortunately unlike teams like west ham they'll spend the mega cash as soon as they're in Europe and ensure they maintain it. 

Â