Biscuits are the True Ambrosia

bickster

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit, join our club

School playground version: 

If you like a lot of lipstick on your dipstick, join our club. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, I'm off to find a Polish shop

Get on the wedel chocolate too, again dark cherry flavour

Might as well throw in some dark cherry polish vodka while you're at it... The polish and dark cherry for some reason

• Like 1

On 22/01/2021 at 11:25, Mark Albrighton said:

I feel like pink wafer biscuits were more ubiquitous when I was a kid than they are now. They’re still in shops of course, but I remember them rivalling custard creams, classic chocolate digestives etc in their number...it feels like they’re more of a rarity these days.

Prompted by Sharky’s wafer comment, reminded me of my pink wafer musing a couple of years ago during a similar biscuit chat.

As a kid they were always the ones I would go for from the biscuit tin as they stood out. Years pass and I don’t eat biscuits like I did as a kid, I try a pink wafer again (when I eventually see one as an option among a selection as per my previous post regarding their apparent demise) and they’re just kinda nothing. 

All the chocolate chip ones and ginger nuts I bypassed for a pink wafer, what a waste. I can see why they’re not as ubiquitous as they seemed to be 30 years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

No-one should eat confectionary thats taller than themselves

It's why Tommy Elphick is banned from buying a Curly Wurly. 

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2023 at 17:40, Mark Albrighton said:

Prompted by Sharky’s wafer comment, reminded me of my pink wafer musing a couple of years ago during a similar biscuit chat.

As a kid they were always the ones I would go for from the biscuit tin as they stood out. Years pass and I don’t eat biscuits like I did as a kid, I try a pink wafer again (when I eventually see one as an option among a selection as per my previous post regarding their apparent demise) and they’re just kinda nothing. 

All the chocolate chip ones and ginger nuts I bypassed for a pink wafer, what a waste. I can see why they’re not as ubiquitous as they seemed to be 30 years ago.

🧐🤔 I must have eaten quite a lot of pink wafers when I was a little kid and I bought a packet just about a month ago... they were nice but... chocolate chip cookies and ginger nuts are my top two biscuits. 😋😍🤩 

This thread is great! I didn't know we had a biscuit thread. How many teams have a fan forum with a biscuit thread??? I bet there aren't many.

• Like 1

As I don't get out enough, please could we have a grand vote for best biscuit on here? 🤓 Votes to be submitted by end of March or April perhaps.

Or has such a poll already been carried out previously? And if so, what biscuit won??? 🏆🍪

8 hours ago, robby b said:

As I don't get out enough, please could we have a grand vote for best biscuit on here? 🤓 Votes to be submitted by end of March or April perhaps.

Or has such a poll already been carried out previously? And if so, what biscuit won??? 🏆🍪

darren-criss-thank-you.gif

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, robby b said:

Tournament format, nominations to get to 32 biscuits, 1v1 daily vote until we get a champion

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Only one acceptable storage box for a fig roll: in the bin.

I have regularly eaten a whole pack of fig rolls by myself. Absolutely delicious.

Edited by Risso
  • Like 3

I may have said, in a perhaps kneejerk fashion that any biscuit, fully or partially covered in chocolate was useless as a dunker. I feel an apology, although not sought, is given. I am sorry. I was being incendiary and was posting for effect. Please take this apology in good faith as last week I discovered these game changing really bad people. They are the king of dunkers.

640x640.jpg

Â